Becoming Intolerant to Foods

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I've been using the same whey for 13 months now for my morning shake. For about the past month it has been hell on my commute to work to get here to the bathroom fast enough. Skipped the shake this morning, all other elements of the breakfast were the same as usual. But my stomach didn't hurt and no explosive bathroom activity.

Can our digestive systems over time grow to reject certain things?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Was this a new tub of protein even though same brand?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Yes, I became lactose intolerant out of nowhere about 4 years ago.
If I drink regular milk it totally jacks my stomach up.
However, I can eat cheese and can still use protein powder. Shits wierd.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't use protein powders at all without it really messing up my stomach. Whey, isolates, etc. doesn't matter.

I use zero shakes, all real food.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reactions to protein powders can definitely come from out of nowhere. I'd been off shakes entirely for 6 mos or so, then had to be on the road a bit fer work and tried carrying powder in a shaker bottle to mix up. Fookin' vile - nearly wretched me lungs out. Tried another brand (had always used ON), same results.

Fast forward 3 mos and I tried yet another brand & no adverse reactions at all.

I'd give it a break for a while, consider adding other whole food protein sources to yer diet if there's a gap in yer macros, and re-introduce shakes after a month or so away from 'em & see if ye react differently.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
I mean I just figure I roll with explosive shits and all. When I was younger I was on Achtane for acne and one of the recalls a few years ago was for IBS which I’m 99.9% sure I have. Regardless I just eat, shit, and repeat.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I am super lactose intolerant been that way since I was in my mid 30’s. I also developed an issue with raw onions, that will tear my
stomach up

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Have you tried premixed shakes? They are more expensive but I have had great success with fairlifes premix. Lactose free 30g of protein with all of 150 cals.

PS: I get mine at Sams for $15.00

I saw those in Sam's but didn't think about it. Thanks, man.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I’ve become intolerant to eggs... I love them, but I have an 80psi blowout about 30minutes afterwards... liquid orangish squirtathon.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your last paragraph is pretty accurate to what might be happening. As you age, your digestive system does naturally slow down and you possibly could become intolerant to certain foods.

DOOM

Reaction score
I get gassy and bloated from regular whey! No issues at all with isolate.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Theres lactose pills for those who are intolerant. It helps me when I eat dairy.

Whey is a byproduct of milk, it is skimmed of the top of milk in the pasteurization process. If your protein powder contains whey that might be your problem.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I've been using the same whey for 13 months now for my morning shake. For about the past month it has been hell on my commute to work to get here to the bathroom fast enough. Skipped the shake this morning, all other elements of the breakfast were the same as usual. But my stomach didn't hurt and no explosive bathroom activity.

Can our digestive systems over time grow to reject certain things?

Its definitely possible!
Our bodies change as we age!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score