Anyone else deal with arthritis?

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my lower back. I knew it was coming since I injured it 8 years ago, doc guaranteed it before I was 40, I’m 30 now.

I had a “flare up” I guess a couple weeks ago and was down for a week and a half, couldn’t hardly walk and the pain was unreal. Felt like I would break in half if I used any lower back muscles. Very weak. It’s practically gone now. Just my normal aches I’ve had since the accident. I just don’t want to cause another flare up like that again if I can avoid it.

Any tips you’ve learned as far as working out? Any diet habits to help it? Medication?

Side note: once I was feeling better for a couple days, I went to the gym and did biceps. Picked up two 60lb dumbbells and did a few curls and all the sudden I felt like my spine dropped, like something fell in place. I thought I really ****ed up! Lol Didn’t really hurt, felt super weird. And things really started improving after that. I’m wondering if I didn’t have something out of place in a bad way and I somehow forced it back in place.. Maybe it wasn’t an Arthritis flare up and the doc just happened to see the arthritis in the X-ray.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
My wife has it in her knees. She just accepts the pain And rarely mentions it. Like maybe half a dozen times in 4 years. (Holy fuk! I’ve been with someone almost 4 years!)

I got (what I’m told) is tendentious in my shoulders and knees. I whine all the time like a little girl. I take fish oil and joint supplements and anti inflammatory medicine.

Be like my wife. Not like me

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I had a bad car accident, and my hand got a bit mangled by glass So Im just trying to prevent the inevitable arthritis by using a grip strengthener.

My grandfather is in a later stage similar to what youre in. He just has range of motion exercise and stretches.

One diet tip is stop smoking if you are, it causes stress to the connective tissues of your body. It will increase your arthritic pain.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I have Rheumatoid arthritis and gout I had to get my knee drained every month. I went to Poland for a wedding my cousins husband gave me son Niemesil 30 minutes later my knee swelling went down. I was able to walk and was not in pain first time in years. I highly suggest trying this it's like $30 on amazon thats there I get mine from takes forever to get shipped but it was a miracle for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YXPRB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If this is rheumatoid arthritis, you may need some meds for that unless you can deal with the pain. You should get some diagnostic testing done to rule in or out what your condition is. I know you had an x-ray done but according to 2 Dr. I have seen, an x-ray only shows the gap between the 2 bones. A gap that is smaller than normal is an indication of an arthritic joint (OA) but not a diagnose of arthritis.

My suggestion would be to start a stretching program you can adhere to every day. Something you said caught my attention. You said you felt something "Drop" while lifting that made you feel better: that has me thinking an alignment issue. I would visit a Chiropractor for a few adjustments and see how that goes. Most insurance companies are not Chiropractic friendly so if this is your case, look into an inversion table. Hell get an inversion table anyway. If I'm right, you should know in 8 weeks.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I have Rheumatoid arthritis and gout I had to get my knee drained every month. I went to Poland for a wedding my cousins husband gave me son Niemesil 30 minutes later my knee swelling went down. I was able to walk and was not in pain first time in years. I highly suggest trying this it's like $30 on amazon thats there I get mine from takes forever to get shipped but it was a miracle for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YXPRB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NSAID's like that may not be a good long-term solution. Less knee pain vs. liver problems is not a fair trade-off for me.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
If this is rheumatoid arthritis, you may need some meds for that unless you can deal with the pain. You should get some diagnostic testing done to rule in or out what your condition is. I know you had an x-ray done but according to 2 Dr. I have seen, an x-ray only shows the gap between the 2 bones. A gap that is smaller than normal is an indication of an arthritic joint (OA) but not a diagnose of arthritis.

My suggestion would be to start a stretching program you can adhere to every day. Something you said caught my attention. You said you felt something "Drop" while lifting that made you feel better: that has me thinking an alignment issue. I would visit a Chiropractor for a few adjustments and see how that goes. Most insurance companies are not Chiropractic friendly so if this is your case, look into an inversion table. Hell get an inversion table anyway. If I'm right, you should know in 8 weeks.

Yeah when I felt that drop, I thought of an alignment issue.. well first I thought. I screwed up and came to the gym too soon. Lol. I went the chiropractor a few days after it started and he moved some stuff. But it didn’t get any better and a couple of the moves hurt me real bad. I wanted to knock him in the mouth. I’ve never felt pain during an adjustment. So that’s when I went to the doctors and she gave me. A steroid pack for 5 days. 800mg ibuprofen. Tramadol, and muscle relaxers. Which made a world of a difference over the next few days. I use it all sparingly, only when needed.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
NSAID's like that may not be a good long-term solution. Less knee pain vs. liver problems is not a fair trade-off for me.

6 months max in a row used it for under 6 went away then just use every time something flares up your correct not for daily long term use

New Threads