Intro

Reaction score
I started posting and getting the suspicious noob comments so I thought it would be best to follow everything that has been asked of new members, starting with the introduction.

Based in the UK

I'd spent the majority of my childhood overweight even though I excelled at sport including football, rugby, cricket and karate I couldn't seem to lose weight which was very confusing at the time.

Fast forward to my late teens I had joined the gym and was going 3/4x a week and seeing some great newbie gains however the weight wasn't shifting which was concerning.

I went online and researched everything and finally learned about nutrition and calorie deficit, within 18 months I had gone from 115kg at 6ft0 to 87kg and felt I had finally arrived, just in time for my 21st bday

Over the next few years I began to research more into training programs and setups with varying degrees of success.

I plodded along until 5 years ago I came across Martin Berkhans Lean Gains program which changed me and my body forever.

Gone were the 2 hour gym sessions and instead condensed focused powerful short sets where every rep counted, added to it the complete overhaul of eating where macros were more significant than simple calorie intake.

Carried out the recomp protocol and turned into the greatest version of myself at 26, 96kg 9%BF
Flat bench - 140kg
Pull up - BW plus 30kg
Deadlift - never my greatest strength due to history of back problems from rugby but still a respectable 160kg
Squat - 130kg
Overhead Press - 95kg

Got married 3 years later and between that and running my own businesses something had to be sacrificed and unfortunately it was the gym, 4/5 sessions per week got cut to 2 just to feel the movement but no progress has been made since.

Fast forward another 3 years and we are in the present day. More aches and pains than in my 20's and increasing restrictions in movements led me to joining my wife at Pilates and Yoga🤦🏽*♂️

But it's worked wonders, it's a totally different strength you build and it's taken away the worry of will I be able to tie my laces when I get to 50 haha

Never used any anabolics but have ran a few fatburners: DNP being the best result, ECA being the best overall and Clen being the absolute fukn worst, neck and facial cramps are not fun.

Ran ostarine 4-5 years ago, amazing results in the gym and overall well-being

Would look at running TrT in 10-15 years just based on what it did for Vitor Belfort haha

Currently I'm 89kg around 14-16% BF, went into national lockdown last week in the UK so thought it was a great time to get leaner, reduced current maintenance calories by 500 and carrying out 2 hours of LISS each morning, which consists of me walking to from my home to get a coffee and back, iced americano nothing more nothing less.

So that's me, look forward to reading threads and maybe adding a comment here and there

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great intro. Thanks.

How old are you currently? Welcome to the Underground. Looking forward to getting to know you.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, great intro.

Get back to hitting the weights ASAP, don't want to lose any muscle doing all that cardio and being in a calorie deficit. Hope you're getting in a good amount of protein!!!

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, great intro.

Get back to hitting the weights ASAP, don't want to lose any muscle doing all that cardio and being in a calorie deficit. Hope you're getting in a good amount of protein!!!

1680 Cal p/d

210 P
105 C
47 F

And most importantly 40g of fibre per day

Some muscle loss is to be expected can only do BW exercises at home atm but I would sacrifice that for my overall well-being atm

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Brit, there are not many of us on here so stick around

Reaction score
Welcome fellow Brit, there are not many of us on here so stick around

Will do, got a month off so will be going through alot of old content on here see if there's anything I can add in

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Thanks for throwing up the intro. Stick around as there is a wealth of knowledge around here. Oh and EAT.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn good intro. Looking forward to you participating here.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Excellent introduction, post up and make friends.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Welcome. If you're stuck at home. You can always cut a piece of PVC (thickest you find) to make a makeshift bar and from there attach bands. That is MUCH better than bodyweight movements. Takes up very little space and it pretty cost effective too.

Reaction score
welcome, this is a good place

Welcome. If you're stuck at home. You can always cut a piece of PVC (thickest you find) to make a makeshift bar and from there attach bands. That is MUCH better than bodyweight movements. Takes up very little space and it pretty cost effective too.

Cheers, just been on YouTube to look this up lots of ideas out there thank you

New Threads