Gym shut down again

BrotherIron

Reaction score
That's terrifying. My state was the first to re-open and the Governor has said he isn't for shutting anything down so hopefully we'll remain open. Many business have been moving down south thanks to him which has helped our economy greatly.

My gym only shutdown for 1 week during the mandatory shutdowns and I hope they remain that way if our state is somehow forced to close due to outside pressures.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I think the days of commercial gyms are over. For the serious lifters.
You cannot make progress taking 4 months off, working out for 2 months and taking more time off.
Anyone serious about their goals has by whatever means possible built their own setup by now.
If you haven't, do what u gotta do.
Doesn't have to be fancy, cover the basics.
My wife and I will never get caught up again like we did the first closures of gyms.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I think the days of commercial gyms are over. For the serious lifters.
You cannot make progress taking 4 months off, working out for 2 months and taking more time off.
Anyone serious about their goals has by whatever means possible built their own setup by now.
If you haven't, do what u gotta do.
Doesn't have to be fancy, cover the basics.
My wife and I will never get caught up again like we did the first closures of gyms.

Yes, I agree. Our home gym is pretty complete. We’re just adding the finishing touches like this one I want to pick up this week.
3068d3415505c201d7b91dd8d31a5c5d.jpg

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Covid subforum.

And yea, Craigslist fer a cage and some plates is going to be the way to stay sane until things improve.

Or ye can hit up Snake fer a membership to his home gym. No calf equipment there though, so there's that to consider...

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score

And yea, Craigslist fer a cage and some plates is going to be the way to stay sane until things improve.

Or ye can hit up Snake fer a membership to his home gym. No calf equipment there though, so there's that to consider...

Then I’ll walk on my tip-toes to his house and that’ll be my calf workout.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Oh man, keep it above the belt!!

Charger69

Reaction score
Threatening another shut down here too

You guys actually opened up?? Lucky! LOL
Cali said that they opened up but masks and 6’ required everywhere. Counting how many enter and how many leave.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn’t hit Texas anytime soon. Just got a new gym that opened today and I’m exited to not be doing the same home routine over and over. But if it comes to that you do what you gotta do.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Just ordered a bench and squat stands will have to grab some plates and a barbell soon. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst over here in NJ!

Blacktail

Reaction score
Just ordered a bench and squat stands will have to grab some plates and a barbell soon. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst over here in NJ!

good luck with the plates. If you do find them they are way over priced! $106 for 1 45!

El Gringo

Reaction score
DemonRats hate masculinity. Closing gyms and keeping Smoke shops and liquor stores open is just part of their plan to turn us all into skinny fat pussies.

And **** masks

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I stay out of the covid talks but just wanted to say I feel bad for all my brothers and sisters who are going through this. Most people are just hitting their stride after the last round and then this.

Last edited:

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I fear my state is headed for a full lockdown. I have all the basics but would love a leg press and a few other machines. Can’t find anything online now

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not everyone has their own snakepit.

I stay out of the covid talks but just wanted to say I feel bad for all my brothers and sisters who are going through this. Most people are just hitting their stride after the last round and then this.

New Threads