Sauna alternatives

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I was using sauna's in public gyms until restrictions came down.

Anyone out there have alternatives for heat therapy?

joeyirish777

Reaction score
ya I've done it a few times but it just doesn't do the trick ime. If anything ice baths have had better affects.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
ya I've done it a few times but it just doesn't do the trick ime. If anything ice baths have had better affects.

trying to activate the heat shock proteins?

No hot bath doesn’t equal sauna, but I’ve almost passed out in a hot bath. Never in a sauna.

you could alternate hot and cold in the shower. 30 seconds of hot followed by 60 seconds of cold. Ten rounds. Either to wake you up or fall asleep. Or after workout.

Check out Dr Rhonda Patrick for more info. She is the sauna guru and heat shock protein enthusiast

joeyirish777

Reaction score
trying to activate the heat shock proteins?

Check out Dr Rhonda Patrick for more info. She is the sauna guru and heat shock protein enthusiast

Mainly to reduce inflammation, recovery time, and make the joints run smoother. Rhonda is great and her websites a gold mine.. I'll have to attempt another dig at it.

If the sauna is closed I usually find gay men at the greyhound station.

thanks for reading between the lines, this was a hard question to ask directly.

Reactions: Jin

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dunno how much ye have to spend, but one of my bosses has a home infrared sauna and he loves it.

Found this one on Amazon. If I had the coin, I'd look into one.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If anything ice baths have had better affects.

I quit doing those. I had an over sized trash can on our back patio filled with water a couple of winters ago. It was freezing outside and even colder in the water. I had intended to stay in it for five minutes, but when I went to get out I realized it had frozen around the top and I kept falling back in. My only thought was holy shit I can’t die this.

Never again

Last edited:

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I quit doing those. I had an over sized trash can on our back patio filled with water a couple of winters ago. It was freezing outside and even colder in the water. I had intended to stay in it for five minutes, but when I went to get out I realized it had frozen around the top and I kept falling back in. My only thought was holy shit I can’t die this.

Never again

goddam bro that's insane and kinda funny ngl. im glad your alright though! I would be pissed' if I was dying like that.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
goddam bro that's insane and kinda funny ngl. im glad your alright though! I would be pissed' if I was dying like that.

Yeah,I didn’t think that one through and my wife enjoyed having the “ I told you it was stupid” moment ;-)

New Threads