Would you drop $400 on a pair of dumbbells?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Wow look at you living large! How much did you pay for those purple 5 lb dumbbells? :32 (18): More importantly what do you use them for?

The DBs were free, the prize in the bottom of a Tampax box, heavy flow.

They're obviously for max effort days. Don't judge me!!! :32 (20):

DOOM

Reaction score
The DBs were free, the prize in the bottom of a Tampax box, heavy flow.

They're obviously for max effort days. Don't judge me!!! :32 (20):
No not judging! I thought they might have been your little nieces?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No not judging! I thought they might have been your little nieces?

They're the wife's. She hasn't used them in forever though. I could probably get $50 for them at this point though! :32 (18):

There's a little pink kettlebell hiding in the back too. :32 (17):

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
"As others have mentioned they will
last a lifetime. So I’m stoked with my decision."

Exactly, your $$, your decision! You also won't need a tetanus shot from using rusted boat anchors.

Reaction score
Well I’ve spent a lot more than that on massive amounts of cocaine and alcohol when I was an addict so why not spend that money on something to get me healthy instead?

So to answer your question, no I wouldn’t lmao

This is the realist answer out there

Now the corona has hit im lucky i was building my gym before all this.
I got iron dumbells and rack 55lb-95lb for 350$

DOOM

Reaction score
This is the realist answer out there

Now the corona has hit im lucky i was building my gym before all this.
I got iron dumbells and rack 55lb-95lb for 350$
I actually think that’s a very stupid comparison! I already have 20’s 30’s 50’s and 75’S which are to light for chest presses. Iron dumbbells suck in opinion that’s why I spent the xtra money to buy these. I honestly couldn’t be happier with these 95’s The gyms here are going to shut down until at least spring time!

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I have 5's thru 125's in all sorts of different makes/models. But yes, whatever is worth it to you for your own gym, it will last a long time. Out live you.
I have some stuff in here from when I started on my home gym back in 1978, I knew this COVID shit was coming even as a 12 year old, Ha..

Attachments

• gym-oct-2020.jpg
    gym-oct-2020.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I actually think that’s a very stupid comparison! I already have 20’s 30’s 50’s and 75’S which are to light for chest presses. Iron dumbbells suck in opinion that’s why I spent the xtra money to buy these. I honestly couldn’t be happier with these 95’s The gyms here are going to shut down until at least spring time!

So mean!!! :32 (18):

I'd be happy as a pig in shit too to have them, they're beautiful looking pieces of equipment. If you're happy with the purchase, if fits your needs, that's all that matters.

Good score!!!

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No way on that price for a pair. A set of Ironmaster DBs from 5-90lbs is same price and durable bad ass. Not much room either fro space for other bad ass shit.
!S!

DOOM

Reaction score
I have 5's thru 125's in all sorts of different makes/models. But yes, whatever is worth it to you for your own gym, it will last a long time. Out live you.
I have some stuff in here from when I started on my home gym back in 1978, I knew this COVID shit was coming even as a 12 year old, Ha..
That’s a nice setup! Jealous of how much space you have.

DOOM

Reaction score
So mean!!! :32 (18):

I'd be happy as a pig in shit too to have them, they're beautiful looking pieces of equipment. If you're happy with the purchase, if fits your needs, that's all that matters.

Good score!!!
Yeah I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just don’t see the comparison with someone saying how they’ve spent a ton of money on coke and alcohol so why not by them. Then say they wouldn’t by them. Lol but if it’s the realist answer out I’m all ears!

We are all in our own comfort zones financially!
I don’t have a gym payment, no wife, no kids, my trucks paid off, no debt! Ha, can’t go to concerts or sporting event’s.

I normally spend $5000 a year just traveling. Luckily I was able to sneak in a trip to Belize in February, but other then that I have plenty of travel money left over. Lol, $400 bucks ain’t nothing for a lifetime investment.

New Threads