When did this happen?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm an old guy. Going way back some years when we went to the gym we'd throw on something that resembled a tshirt or tank top. Usually it was torn up, worn out stained ect. The shirt basically was held together by a couple of threads. When I hit the gym today most of the big guys are covered up in multiple layers shirt, long sleeve hoodie and heavy workout pants. Hell if I wore this stuff to lift I think I'd throw up & pass out. What's up with this? Please explain

Cashout

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm an old guy. Going way back some years when we went to the gym we'd throw on something that resembled a tshirt or tank top. Usually it was torn up, worn out stained ect. The shirt basically was held together by a couple of threads. When I hit the gym today most of the big guys are covered up in multiple layers shirt, long sleeve hoodie and heavy workout pants. Hell if I wore this stuff to lift I think I'd throw up & pass out. What's up with this? Please explain

Love it!!!! This described my training wardrobe perfectly from crica 1986 until 2009. I actually did have a beater that was 20+ years old with holes all in it. Good stuff!

Now that I train exclusively at home, it is just a pair of under armor shorts and some NB running shoes.

Get Some

Reaction score
I think it has a lot to do with "muscle profiling", especially if they are involved in any dealings with AAS

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol I wear a tshirt usually with spandex shorts. Lol. Jk. Yuck that wouldn't be a great site. If i wore those you prob could see the swear rolling down the crack of my ass. Lol. Anywho there's this guys at my gym who wears those tight ass under armor lifting shirts. Well this kid is fat and should not be walking aroubd the gym like that. He puffs his chest out like he's big. I'm like I'm nothing special looking but i wear a beat up tshirt and shorts.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
raggedy tank top and camo cut off's

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I either wear a tank, black t or a sweatshirt exclusively on cardio day. Now if your workout wardrobe doesnt amount to over fifty dollars you get the stink eye at the gym. At least mine on base. I miss a good grimey gym, all business and not worrying about what your wearing.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
jomo i love the new avatar sin city rocks

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I either wear a tank, black t or a sweatshirt exclusively on cardio day. Now if your workout wardrobe doesnt amount to over fifty dollars you get the stink eye at the gym. At least mine on base. I miss a good grimey gym, all business and not worrying about what your wearing.
fuck those pencil necks and there high dollar shit

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wear a long sleeve shirt that is too big. I do it so that people leave me the hell alone. I'm not in the gym to make friends or get bothered every other set.

Get Some

Reaction score
bayan-rabbani-snuggie-294.jpg

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ball shorts and beater sometimes black sometimes white

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Love it!!!! This described my training wardrobe perfectly from crica 1986 until 2009. I actually did have a beater that was 20+ years old with holes all in it. Good stuff!

Now that I train exclusively at home, it is just a pair of under armor shorts and some NB running shoes.

Ah those were some great times. I have always said I'd love to workout in just my undies & running shoes.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see that at my gym also and always think "how can they not pass out"! Most wear the basketball type shorts and either a T or tank...there is this gay guy that wears the short jogging shorts though...kind of entertaining:)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see that at my gym also and always think "how can they not pass out"! Most wear the basketball type shorts and either a T or tank...there is this gay guy that wears the short jogging shorts though...kind of entertaining:)

Lol, funny I used to wear spandex shorts & tight shorts ..... Well when shorts were actually short & not down to your ankles.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1986 spandex was the shit. i had a pair of bright blue power house gym pants that were spandex and tight, and of course no undies lol you could tell my religion

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, funny I used to wear spandex shorts & tight shorts ..... Well when shorts were actually short & not down to your ankles.

LOL, I'm assuming it was when they were actually in style though;)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL, I'm assuming it was when they were actually in style though;)

Lol, yes back in the 80's & living in Daytona Beach. Now that was the life the gym was 50 ft from my apartment.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

This happened when they took off Pantera and put on Lil' Wayne at the gym.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hoody for warming-up when training during winter months, else pretty much whichever old nasty t-shirt and sweats were washed most recently :)

I still can't imagine why Aeropostale hasn't come calling yet offering me their cover...

New Threads