23andMe

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if you can keep it anonymous. There were questions if I wanted to connect with other possible family tree members but I never filled that section out

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I want to do it, but I don't like the idea of my DNA being in a database.

Can you do it anonymously?

I'm kinda in your camp on this one. It just makes me uncomfortable with some company having that information. Their parent company is probably Google. lol

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm kinda in your camp on this one. It just makes me uncomfortable with some company having that information. Their parent company is probably Google. lol

Second that as well. Not gonna voluntarily put my DNA in a data bank. Yes, familial DNA from online sites have been used by LE. Joseph James DeAngelo (Golden State Killer) was the first. (Just some forensic trivia).

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Second that as well. Not gonna voluntarily put my DNA in a data bank. Yes, familial DNA from online sites have been used by LE. Joseph James DeAngelo (Golden State Killer) was the first. (Just some forensic trivia).

If you were in the military they already have your DNA on file. So don't go murdering people man!!!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Imagine the target ads you'd receive, for god knows what, based on your DNA results.

Poor Seeker has to deal with salsa and lawn care ads for the rest of his life!!! :32 (18):

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ve injected my dna into many biches over the years. So if there's a poor bastard looking for me then fine, lol maybe they're like super rich and want to meet me.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fake news!!!!

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
FYI, if you scroll, it says 75% of people have that “genetic potential” for power athletes. Which means the minority does not. Mine had it listed too; but it also compares you to their sample and projection.

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I'm the guy that got the moderna trial vaccine, and I'm too paranoid to give my DNA to these people.

Hypocritical? I don't know. Reality is I have probably given my dna to a lot of organizations in my life. I know Quest labs has had opportunities to sequence it.

Reactions: CJ

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I saw a show on that. If I recall, it wasn't even directly from him but a distant relative.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I saw a show on that. If I recall, it wasn't even directly from him but a distant relative.

It was a landmark investigation in that it was the first to use familial DNA. MRS. BRICKS watches a lot of forensic stuff and she could probably pull it off. I try to stay on her good side.

New Threads