Shoulder joint ache

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Every time I do shoulders. My joint starts aching and I’m afraid to keep going so I rest til the pain goes away before doing another set but it’s hard to keep a good pump going like that. Anyone resolved there joint pain? Is it just something you work through?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Every time I do shoulders. My joint starts aching and I’m afraid to keep going so I rest til the pain goes away before doing another set but it’s hard to keep a good pump going like that. Anyone resolved there joint pain? Is it just something you work through?

I do not suggest working through the pain.

NSAIDs
proper warm up/rotator cuff bands
lighter weight
time off from pain inducing movements

it’s not something That requires corrective surgery then all of these or combinations will
usually resolve the issue.

best to continue the rotator cuff exercises before shoulder and chest work.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
I do not suggest working through the pain.

NSAIDs
proper warm up/rotator cuff bands
lighter weight
time off from pain inducing movements

it’s not something That requires corrective surgery then all of these or combinations will
usually resolve the issue.

best to continue the rotator cuff exercises before shoulder and chest work.

Yeah I probably don’t spend enough time warming up. I’ll pick up a couple 10lb dumbbells and do some lateral and front shoulder motions and rotator cuff movements for about 2 minutes then I get too it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yeah I probably don’t spend enough time warming up. I’ll pick up a couple 10lb dumbbells and do some lateral and front shoulder motions and rotator cuff movements for about 2 minutes then I get too it.

buy yourself some resistance bands. Much better than a weight IME.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
About a year ago after my physical therapy for calcific tendonitis I started doing 15 minutes of rotator cuff band exercises before every workout. Great warm-up in addition to keeping them strong and healthy.

jpreston250300

Reaction score
I’ve have / had managed working through joint pain. I’ve found Deca or NPP to work wonders, even at a very low dose. On cycle now with 450 NPP and joints never felt better.