Advice on a Tren recomp cycle

lfod14

Reaction score
I know this one will have mixed mindsets. seems a lot of people doing these lately with pretty good results, I've never run Tren before but seems everybody using it in recomp/low dose is running only around 300mg/wk usually and having great results with very little bad sides that Trens so famous for. This would of course be with my test Probably around 500mg/wk but one question I had was I'm also always on Deca at typically 200mg for the joints, would two 19-nors be a bad idea for e2 sides? I can dump the deca during it but it does help the joints for sure. Also, should anything else be added to that cycle with recomp being the goal? I see a lot of people throwing var in there. I ran a var only cycle (I know) years ago when I was new to all this and knew near nothing and seemed to be fine with it, I've read some people get bad sides with it, I had zero. Ideas?

I got some time on this, running back at TRT doses now for the last 5 wks or so, bloods show everything normal again and I'm thinking this would start after the holidays so I got a couple more weeks of leveling off before this starts. Just wanna have all my crap ready.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I would keep trt test and add the 300 tren lose the deca.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
You need do do more research before using tren. It was evident the minute you mentioned E2 sides and 19-nors. But, you mentioned this already.

Ill point you in the right direction. Research prolactin.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
This is probably more advanced then you need but Here’s a recomp cycle a knowledgeable coach I follow uses on people. Obviously you can mess around with doses to suit your needs.

Low Dose
200-300mgs Test any long ester you respond best to
200-300mgs Primo long ester

Potent Dose
100mgs Trest
400mgs Tren

You have:
1. primo to express protein without side effects
2. just enough test to get all the benefits without the side effects (unless you genetically respond very well to testosterone which many do not)
3. tren to increase glycogen retention and improve nutrient efficiency
4. trest to bring some fluid into the equation to promote strength adaptations in the gym as well as a slight rise in estrogen to further promote anabolism

DOOM

Reaction score
I would run equal or lower test to Tren. With that being said you might want to experiment with a slightly lower dose of Tren. 200-250mg. Like Gibs said drop the Deca. I would keep it short, 8 weeks just to get a feel for it.

Yeah 4-5 weeks of Var would be nice addition at back end. That’s if your not experiencing any bad side effects from the Tren.

I get bad sides with any dose of Tren. No sweating for me though. It’s mostly instant insomnia, and a very short fuse. Tren also makes me crave carbs. Everyone is different!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
This is probably more advanced then you need but Here’s a recomp cycle a knowledgeable coach I follow uses on people. Obviously you can mess around with doses to suit your needs.

Low Dose
200-300mgs Test any long ester you respond best to
200-300mgs Primo long ester

Potent Dose
100mgs Trest
400mgs Tren

You have:
1. primo to express protein without side effects
2. just enough test to get all the benefits without the side effects (unless you genetically respond very well to testosterone which many do not)
3. tren to increase glycogen retention and improve nutrient efficiency
4. trest to bring some fluid into the equation to promote strength adaptations in the gym as well as a slight rise in estrogen to further promote anabolism

What is trest?

lfod14

Reaction score
You need do do more research before using tren. It was evident the minute you mentioned E2 sides and 19-nors. But, you mentioned this already.

Ill point you in the right direction. Research prolactin.

That's what I'm tryin' to do now man! I run (a little) out of range on e2 now, nothing crazy only around 50 or so but my test is always around 1300-1500 or so at TRT dose which is why I mentioned it. Even when I crank it up I've never had any e2 sides so I (think) I'm good but figured its stupid to not mention it from reading some other peoples experiences. I always have adex but rarely ever take it. I know Tren can cause prolactin gyno and will be ready for that, I know about P5P and Caber but my prolactin has always been fine as well. I know a handful of people that have used Tren for years, but honestly they're all a little on the wreckless side and I don't think give a shit about their health or really consider sides seriously, which is why I'm asking here ahead of time. I've put off Tren for a while now for that exact reason, want to learn as much as possible prior.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
When I ran tren ace for the first time I went 200mg test c and 350 tren a/ week for 12 weeks and had amazing recomp results. For your first time I’d try that out. I had caber on hand just Incase. Sides I had were the night sweats from mid cycle to end. And horrible backne like so bad makes me think twice about another cycle. I’m very sensitive to acne with aas though.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I like uncle Manny’s suggestion.

Keep the test trt level and you will get to experience tren without possibly having to manage higher e2 while on tren (test aromatizes, tren does not).

Keep the deca if you need it for joints. I don’t recommend deca/tren together simply because I don’t think they’re a great combo for anything, but if you’re only using the deca for joint pain, then just stick with it IMO.

Forget an oral for now and enjoy the tren ride. Plan on 8 weeks of ace with the possibility of going up to 12 if you can. Tren usually dictates when you’ve had enough.

One last thing: Tren isn’t the boogie man people make it out to be. You’ll be fine.

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Perry much what Jin said but your recomp can be run with any AAS. The key to success or failure is going to be....guess what? Your diet. You can recomp with trt test and mast. Diet.

DOOM

Reaction score
I like uncle Manny’s suggestion.

Keep the test trt level and you will get to experience tren without possibly having to manage higher e2 while on tren (test aromatizes, tren does not).

Keep the deca if you need it for joints. I don’t recommend deca/tren together simply because I don’t think they’re a great combo for anything, but if you’re only using the deca for joint pain, then just stick with it IMO.

Forget an oral for now and enjoy the tren ride. Plan on 8 weeks of ace with the possibility of going up to 12 if you can. Tren usually dictates when you’ve had enough.

One last thing: Tren isn’t the boogie man people make it out to be. You’ll be fine.
I agree with Jin, Tren is not the boogie man, but it really must be respected. I just wanted to add that the mental side effects can be the worst of all. I done WAY more then my share of recreational drugs then most. “No opioids or amphetamines” In my “experimenting” days I dabbled with high doses of Tren. It really made me feel crazy almost mentally ill. More so then acid!

My warning to you and anyone else for that matter. It’s best to run Tren when your life is in order and your emotionally stable.

I know I’m not alone on this one. If your depressed, or have lost a family member or your going through a break up or your marriage is rocks it’s best not to run Tren it will exasperate the mental sides. If you think your GF is cheating on you it will make you more jealous.

Everyone experiences the emotional sides differently. You will know you over did it when you smash your last two.Vial with a hammer. It’s hard to come off when you feel like a god!

Start with a low dose!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Test/tren/mast was the best recomp I ever did. Was in my best shape, felt amazing.

But prolactin is absolutely no joke. Be very mindful of it, have caber ready.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot above tren is a mind
fuk and U need to be on top
of your emotions . It can really
do damage . Or if done right u will
Have the best body . It’s strange drug very powerful.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Understand something recomp
is much more
then using tren. Diet and cardio are
a major factor

lfod14

Reaction score
Understand something recomp
is much more
then using tren. Diet and cardio are
a major factor

ABSOLUTELY! 100% on top of that, I've been tracking macros for over a year and had my RMR tested so I know my thresholds. Just waiting for the holidays to pass for obvious reasons so I can give it 100%. Not gonna set myself up to fail. Till' then, cardio is up a little and running at a slight deficit, just don't want to push that for to long prior for fear of slowing my metabolism down too much, did that once and it took over a year to fix.

New Threads