Suggestions for my father

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So my dad has been on HRT for over a year, and for some reason his hemotocrit levels continued to slowly creep up to dangerous enough levels for his prescribing doc to just tell him to stop the shots lol. As you can imagine this wrecked him emotionally. He won't take my advice on post cycle therapy to attempt to Kickstart his natural production, and I guarantee his clueless doc won't prescribe him anything either.. So, are there any over the counter supplements still around that people have used for PCT? It's been a long time since I read up on it but recall there being a couple meds you could get from nutrition stores for this... Can't recall the names but one was something like xoxo or some shit.

Thanks in advance

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Don’t stop trt.

Donate blood.

What does his bloodwork look like?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Is he taking too high of a trt dose, could it be lowered? Better than stopping completely.

And donate blood too.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When my hematocrit started to creep up my dr prescribed blood donation. Only bad part about that is that any blood received from prescribed donation has to be tossed. Just tell him to give blood every 6 weeks and he should be ok

lfod14

Reaction score
He should be donating blood 3-4 times a year. That's usually part of most TRT protocols.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Mine never gets high but a benefit of trt is having great blood to give to others so I do it every 90 days. Win win

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Mine does the same. I do a medical phlebotomy when needed to keep the numbers better.
Don’t stop the HRT

Reaction score
Agree with the blood donation. My labs just came back 2 days ago high at 52.3 hemotocrit and my doctor just told me to give blood 2 times over the next 2 weeks. Wrote my a prescription since they generally don’t let you give more than once every 12 weeks. He told me after the two initial donations, give every 2 months and I will be good.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agree with the blood donation. My labs just came back 2 days ago high at 52.3 hemotocrit and my doctor just told me to give blood 2 times over the next 2 weeks. Wrote my a prescription since they generally don’t let you give more than once every 12 weeks. He told me after the two initial donations, give every 2 months and I will be good.

Mine was high and I donated like 3 times and now it’s staying around 45%

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I'm not donating blood just to stay on trt lol. There is more to this story. No way is properly dosed trt going to affect hematocrit levels that much.

Reactions: Jin

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get him a 22 year old girl to wax his rod once a week .. then I’ll consider u a good son

New Threads