Tendons out of business

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you guys have had tennis elbow, or the tongue twisting "lateral epicondylitis", or similar aches. I was getting it maybe once a year in a mild way, but this bout I'm going through now is a painful bitch. Yeah, I know, see a doctor. Not big on that choice until I've exhausted all my options. Using ice and heat, ibuprofin, and I'm not going to the gym today, which probably pisses me off more than anything. Any I'm missing as far as home remedies? Thanks.

Reaction score
Does anyone have anything good to say about WINSTROL?
Because from my personal experience, this is exactly what it sounds like to me. My wife has permanent elbow pain like this. Before switching to Anavar, we use to blast winny. Mine isn’t AS bad but sometimes it bothers me.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I've had it on and off over the years. In my left elbow I had 3 cortisone injections over a period of 3 yrs and then it totally went away for good. Each shot would last quite a while but then it would come back. I've got it now in my right elbow on the inside. I almost made an appt for a shot but I've been getting a lot lately in other places so I decided to hold off. I've been doing exercises which seem to have kept it under control lately. Sometimes it doesn't hurt at all. You can try the forearm stretches where you hold your arm out straight and put your palm up or down and pull back on the fingers. Hold for around 30 secs. And also what has helped the most maybe is doing tennis ball squeezes. You can also try light wrist curls in both directions. Ice doesn't seem to help me much. Try heat and see how that feels. NSAIDs should help but I can't take them due to my kidneys already being a little over-stressed.

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you guys have had tennis elbow, or the tongue twisting "lateral epicondylitis", or similar aches. I was getting it maybe once a year in a mild way, but this bout I'm going through now is a painful bitch. Yeah, I know, see a doctor. Not big on that choice until I've exhausted all my options. Using ice and heat, ibuprofin, and I'm not going to the gym today, which probably pisses me off more than anything. Any I'm missing as far as home remedies? Thanks.

It sucks, yes I've had it, and am recovering from it again right now.

1st time I healed it by using ibuprofen around the clock, laying off of it- avoiding anything that irritated it (dumbells, certain cable pulls and grips). It went away for about a year.

This time around my doc wrote me a script for voltaren gel (diclofenac sodium i think is the generic) as a substitute for taking ibuprofen all the time. It is an anti-inflamatory gel that you just rub into the problem area. It has been awesome. I'm almost healed up again from this, and not having to pop advil constantly.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like to use very light resistance bands and do sets of 100 tricep pushdowns and very light db hammer curls for very high reps. Keeps my elbow joint and tendons happy. Good ol Tiger Balm works nice too.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I am also a big light weight/ high reps guy when it comes to inflammation in my elbows. A decade of heavy benching has them easy to piss off so I find myself doing extra prehab work with voodoo bands/ BFR work and Volteran gel.
That prescription gel works wonders really

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am also a big light weight/ high reps guy when it comes to inflammation in my elbows. A decade of heavy benching has them easy to piss off so I find myself doing extra prehab work with voodoo bands/ BFR work and Volteran gel.
That prescription gel works wonders really

Yup I forgot about voodoo floss. Floss those elbows good. Work them through a full range of motion with the floss on, and then release the band

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
This time around my doc wrote me a script for voltaren gel (diclofenac sodium i think is the generic) as a substitute for taking ibuprofen all the time. It is an anti-inflamatory gel that you just rub into the problem area. It has been awesome. I'm almost healed up again from this, and not having to pop advil constantly.

You can actually get the Voltaren Gel OTC now.

Reaction score
Boys, I love some bands. Maybe once sometimes twice a week, I’ll break them out and do an entire high rep workout with them. I have the tubes, the bands with handles, the mini circles and my fav the ones for assisted pull-ups. I usually take both ends and throw it around the back of my chair while sitting and do chest presses, tricep presses. It gets me pretty sore the next day. A dif kind of sore. Love it. I’ve got a funky elbow and I really appreciate all the insight here.

El Gringo

Reaction score
I get it intermittently too. I usually get it worst at night when trying to sleep. I haven’t had it that bad in over 2 years where it affects my lifts.

What works as pointed out by other posters

1. Voltaren Gel
2. pulling back your fingers and stretching
3. Wear a compression sleeve on your elbow. you’ll find them in store or online for “tennis elbow” specifically

I noticed one time it went away after donating blood. Maybe high hemocrit irritates it? Or it could just be a coincidence?

jpreston250300

Reaction score
Was getting bad tendentious to the point of not being able to curl 30lb dumbbells. Very frustrating and slowed arm gains substantially.

NPP cleared it up 100% but I was about to try acupuncture. Was told how well it works by ex- pitcher now turned bodybuilder. Will keep it in my back pocket after cycle. Just don't go to the yahoo setup in the local strip mall - you need to find the real deal shaman and 23ga 1 1/2” loaded pins don’t count.

https://connect.uclahealth.org/2018...an-acupuncture-ease-the-pain-of-tennis-elbow/

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Floss your elbows and if it's tennis elbow... I'd wager you need to incorp more elbow flexion in your training regimen (bicep curls).

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Its worth saying again; Voodoo band. Just do them right, do them often and give them time. You didn't fuuk those elbows up in a week, you're not going to fix them in a week.

THIS!!!! Floss your elbows.

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that since I quit cycling ibuprofenTylenol and aspirin, it’s getting worse.
I had a hard back day like 2 weeks ago, on the outside of my elbow and it feels under the muscle, still hurts.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I would also say perform tempo hammer curls 3-3-3 with a KB. Use a light weight and hit 4-5 sets of 15+ reps and yes that's 3 sec to peak contraction, 3 sec pause at top, and then 3 sec to lower the KB back down. This is about fixing an imbalance and not building a big biceps.

New Threads