Favorite workout routine..

Reaction score
So I wanted to know if you guys had a go to workout routine that you enjoyed that helped you create the body you wanted. Share some of your favorites for fun. Mine was definitely the 5 x 5 routine back in the day as it was the quickest way I’ve seen my body put on serious mass!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Mine is bench..flat or incline
10 for 10...nothing fancy just pick a weight and bang it out..

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I really liked the 531 Big But Boring program back in the day. It was the first structured program that I ever ran, and it did me well.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can say i love lifting and always have no matter what program or routine id run. Man, tough call as I've created some of my own too. I guess one that stands out that I absolutely enjoyed because it was so much fun and challenging was Sheiko.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really liked the 531 Big But Boring program back in the day. It was the first structured program that I ever ran, and it did me well.

Another vote fer Wendler.

OP - what are yer goals? You powerlifting or bodybuilding? You looking to compete or just get stronger / bigger?

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I have gained a lot of size, strength and confidence using the Westside BB principles.

Bands, chains, specialty bars and partial max effort lifting

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Squats 10x25 w 225
Seated press 5x135,supersetting shrugs w 315
Incline 5x225 supersetting 50lb dumbell flyes
Deadlift 5x15 w 315 supersetting dumbell curls 40s,50s,60s,70s,75s!
Tris w shoulders!
Changing my workout every 3-4 wks!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Squats 10x25 w 225
Seated press 5x135,supersetting shrugs w 315
Incline 5x225 supersetting 50lb dumbell flyes
Deadlift 5x15 w 315 supersetting dumbell curls 40s,50s,60s,70s,75s!
Tris w shoulders!
Changing my workout every 3-4 wks!

Can I get you to verify your stated squat routine?

Reaction score
I definitely have strength.. and I can probably give credit to the bigger guys who have helped me along the way. I never wanted to workout with my friends and stay put. They just wanted to check out the girls and show off their abs without even getting the girls. I was more focused on the huge ass beasts in the gym with the bucket and them puking after a squat set or deadlifting. And ironically when I was getting stronger I was also getting the size that I wanted and ended up getting some of the girls at the gym but of course it didn't last because of how I was back then. I let shit get to me and was too hot headed and as much as a girl likes seeing her man bash some dudes face in if he's hitting on her.. it tends to be scary over the long period of time she's with you. And I've never laid my hand on a woman but I think that's one of my biggest problems in a relationship. I don't get crazy jealous. I think I just get stuck with girls that have tendencies to wanna cheat on me because they think I'm cheating on them by assuming I am based on my looks. That's what they always tell me and I think that's ****ed up because you can't judge someone based on their looks but at the same time I can't say I haven't been guilty of doing that myself. But only difference is I've always gotten it right because I can read people well! I've never been unfaithful in a relationship.. anyways sorry for getting side tracked.. I love women but damn I've had a lot of crazy exes. Here are my stats:

Squat - 450 x 8
Bench - 365 x 5
Deadlifting - 630 x 4

Of course those numbers were from years ago back when I was in my prime. I can bench 245 no problem, squat 315 with some issues due to my knees and back, and deadlifting.. well.. **** I'm sure I can deadlift that much and more if I wanted to and I do want to, but at the moment I'm working out with a broken shoulder, a back with scoliosis, two slipped discs and some disc spacing which seems to be a big problem and every doctor has told me it can be fatal if I go really heavy on the weights but they don't want me getting the surgery.. instead just doing yoga. I don't know how much yoga is gonna do but it sounds stupid to me. Who knows. I've just been cautious. But right now my main goal is to get my ass to looking like how I used to look and I know a big problem for me is what can I eat? What can I get away with. Eating isn't the problem. It's eating clean constantly that's the problem. I love my damn sweets too much. But I want to be able to get shredded as fast as possible before I go on this trip. I doubt there's anything I can do in under 3 weeks haha but yeah basically just trying to get chiseled and looking shredded as **** while maintaining size. I believe I'm at 11% bodyfat and weight 190 pounds at the moment. I'm 5 feet 9.. 34 years old.. just looking for any advice but yeah I'll look into that workout routine you mentioned. The 531 Big but Boring, Westside BB Principles I've wanted to check out for some time now! And seeker how much did you enjoy Sheiko? You said you liked how challenging it was yeah? I would love something challenging!

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Day one

squat & over head press

Day 2

Flat bench & bent over row

Day 3

standing calf raises & shrugs

every morning straight off the cot

4 sets of 10 ez bar curl

4 sets of 10 standing french curl

am also randomly squeezing the grippers

DOOM

Reaction score
John Meadows - Creeping Death

Layne Norton - Phat 6

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
DC training / doggcrapp but only when I was lucky enough to have a good partner, tried doing it alone and it just hasn’t worked out as well.

DOOM

Reaction score
I’ve seen some epic Metallica shows back in the day!

Philadelphia spectrum 1989 Metallica, Faith no more and The Cult!

Rutherford stadium aka The meadowlands 1992
Metalica and Guns N’ Roses!

Yeah I’m old :32 (20):

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve seen some epic Metallica shows back in the day!

Philadelphia spectrum 1989 Metallica, Faith no more and The Cult!

Rutherford stadium aka The meadowlands 1992
Metalica and Guns N’ Roses!

Yeah I’m old :32 (20):

Holy shit, thats sic !

saw metallica g&r in costa mesa ca

saw metallica open for ozzy in long beach

New Threads