Waiting on my test results

DOOM

Reaction score
I hope you kick this soon brother! Hopefully this a wake up call for the board The next 3 months are going to be a shit show.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but how can it be your day 7 when your original post was on Nov 23rd? This post is on Nov 26th.
I fell ill on Thursday, November 19. My doctor told me to take a test on November 20, but I felt too bad, so I waited until Saturday, November 21 to take said test. I may have been mixed up on my days due to fever and confusion, but November 26th should have been 7 days after November 19th...

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I figured I would give an update... I am still suffering from post COVID fatigue, loss of appetite, and a dry cough. 14 days to get over it my ass....

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I figured I would give an update... I am still suffering from post COVID fatigue, loss of appetite, and a dry cough. 14 days to get over it my ass....

Really, really sucks man. Keep your head up. Not too much positive I can say for sure except that you’ll live.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Here it is, 01/07/2021, I started feeling bad on 11/19/2020 and to date:
My appetite is still screwed
The dry cough has prevented any form of sustained physical activity because I will just break out in a coughing fit if I am not careful
My metabolism is funky with my body temperature running around 97 to 97.3 when 98.6 "used to" be my normal

It has now been speculated that the secondary infection caused by COVID was indeed pneumonia by my "Johnny on the spot" medical professionals who refused to see me when I thought I had it early on... Great job, team hindsight!

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
So the cough for you starts from over exertion?

DOOM

Reaction score
Here it is, 01/07/2021, I started feeling bad on 11/19/2020 and to date:
My appetite is still screwed
The dry cough has prevented any form of sustained physical activity because I will just break out in a coughing fit if I am not careful
My metabolism is funky with my body temperature running around 97 to 97.3 when 98.6 "used to" be my normal

It has now been speculated that the secondary infection caused by COVID was indeed pneumonia by my "Johnny on the spot" medical professionals who refused to see me when I thought I had it early on... Great job, team hindsight!
Damn bro I can’t believe it’s still lingering? Are you on any sort of supplement regiment to boost your immune system?

I hope it passes soon!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My daughter is just getting over COVID. She was having symptoms & got tested. Because it was taking so long to get results over 5 days & still nothing. She decided to get the rapid test. The rapid she got results within 24 hours. It was NEGATIVE. The next day she got a call from the first test which was POSITIVE. :32 (6):

She had manageable symptoms & felt like crap for about 1 week. She is pretty much recovered at this point.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
So the cough for you starts from over exertion?

Deep breathing of any kind started the cough. For example, holding my breath to brace my core was impossible up until this week!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Glad you are on the mend brother. Pretty positive my whole family had it back in march. If so, I was barely symptomatic but I was unusually tired for about a month after. Ive heard many doctors talk about this prolonged inflammatory response being the culprit. Ive since upped my cbd dosage and started taking turmeric 3x daily along with a few other natural anti inflammatories. Might be a good idea to look into some of that stuff if you havent already

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
My appetite finally returned this week. It felt weird to experience actually being hungry versus trying to force myself to eat.

The fatigue is still lingering, but, is showing signs of letting up. I can now power through the urge to nap whereas before, I was falling asleep whether I wanted to or not. That was SCARY...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Keep
fighting the good fight.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread you mentioned being vitamin d deficient. The studies keep showing that most people having a rough go of covid are deficient. Something for everyone to keep in mind I think

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread you mentioned being vitamin d deficient. The studies keep showing that most people having a rough go of covid are deficient. Something for everyone to keep in mind I think

Having adequate vitamin D and sleep may be the two biggest factors in recovering well from COVID and/or not getting it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I sleep maybe 6 hours a night at best but Zi work outside and my physicals always show vit d in range. The guys Ive known who are pretty healthy but had a rough go of covid are all bartenders/indoor people. Ive not known anyone my age to have a bad case who works outside.

My brother, who works for me, just had it. He is 40. He had to take 3 days off. Today he ran 6 miles. A little slower than usual. But not by much. Vit D matters. Its actually a hormone

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score

I am, and supplement with 5,000 iU per day. The problem is I am also pre-cancerous for skin cancer, so it's not like I can just sit out in the sun to have my body manufacture its own vitamin D.

As for workouts, my splits were frustrating me due to a total imbalance in body strength. As a result, I'm going back to 2015 when I decided to make a change, and started back with a variant of Mehdi's Stronglifts 5x5 program for the next six weeks. I ran that program for a year in 2015 and sent him a good bit of money back then, lol.

I'm hoping that programmed progressive adding of weights will help with the strength imbalance that I am currently facing. For example, I'm certain that I could easily bench press more than I can squat right now. On that same token, I can row more than I can bench press. Because of this, a training reset is in order.

The only thing I am doing differently is adding weight as I feel comfortable, which will be more than the 5 pounds per workout. I just picked a starting point of 1/2 of what I used to lift on every major lift, and figured I would add weight from there as the weeks progress.

Finally, it felt good to lift weights for an hour last night, despite running a 5x5 routine with accessory lifts....

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I haven't updated this in a while, so I figured it was time to give one. COVID really left me in a bad place physically. As of today, I'm still having pulse and lung issues. For example, the lightest of cardio will shoot my pulse to over 180 BPM, and that was still happening as of last week. Then, when I lay down to sleep at night, I often struggle to breathe. Needless to say, the rebuild function has been going WAY slower than I would have liked.

This week, my goal is to do light free weights and walk on the treadmill while keeping my heart rate a bit lower than 180+ bpm.

Reactions: DF

New Threads