Deadlift critique

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some solid great advice in this thread. This thread reminds me of how the old SI was

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Can't add anything more than already has been said - but one of the best cues I ever heard on deadlift was this, "push the world down with your feet". I don't know why but that one clicked for me.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Great advice all around here. Can’t add anything but just stress that deadlifts are explosive in nature... you’re controlling the negative too much as stated. I bet you’re pulling 6 plates for reps by spring with these adjustments.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it's about time we got back to this type of topic!
I am all on board with u . Call me what u want but when it comes to steroid solid advice I don’t play games and neither did SI. It was a true board of helpful brothers that knew how to teach the art of growing muscle .

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I’m a little uneasy telling a bigger, more experienced lifter anything about form, but one glaring thing about ur form popped out at me:

You are locking ur knees out way before ur locking ur hips out; that is the correct order for sumo (legs before hips.)

But in a conventional stance, they should be locking out at the same time roughly.

Last edited:

New Threads