Venting lol

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Always my go to Injury vent spot just because so many here have been there done that. Helped immensely with i had shoulder surgery in 17’

this yr already had my 3rd abdominal hernia surgery repair, correctly, once and for all!!

knees been a constant instability mess for yrs, been popping out of place more frequently. Doc got me braces for each knee with metal hinging on sides to keep it in place side to side- everytime its popped, i turn leg sideways and hammer fist above knee to pop it back- its sore and weak rest of the day but still usable.

saturday, WITH my knee braces on, working a job in bum**** nowhere at a cattle farm, by myself, kneeling down and it popped forward; shit!! Laid there in intense pain wondering, do i call ambulance? I could not pop it back like normal.

got into ortho, they’re ordering an mri so hoping insurance isn’t an asshole. I cannot straighten leg, its swelled up full of fluid, 24/7 pain, doing advil/tylenol every 4hrs with ice....but hoping this will allow me to get my new knee ive put off because im busy 7 days a week- guess my body decided for me.

but with torn meniscus snd missing acl; aint much left for stability obviously.

crossing fingers for mri sooner than later, deductibles all met so minimal out of pocket lol

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always my go to Injury vent spot just because so many here have been there done that. Helped immensely with i had shoulder surgery in 17’

this yr already had my 3rd abdominal hernia surgery repair, correctly, once and for all!!

knees been a constant instability mess for yrs, been popping out of place more frequently. Doc got me braces for each knee with metal hinging on sides to keep it in place side to side- everytime its popped, i turn leg sideways and hammer fist above knee to pop it back- its sore and weak rest of the day but still usable.

saturday, WITH my knee braces on, working a job in bum**** nowhere at a cattle farm, by myself, kneeling down and it popped forward; shit!! Laid there in intense pain wondering, do i call ambulance? I could not pop it back like normal.

got into ortho, they’re ordering an mri so hoping insurance isn’t an asshole. I cannot straighten leg, its swelled up full of fluid, 24/7 pain, doing advil/tylenol every 4hrs with ice....but hoping this will allow me to get my new knee ive put off because im busy 7 days a week- guess my body decided for me.

but with torn meniscus snd missing acl; aint much left for stability obviously.

crossing fingers for mri sooner than later, deductibles all met so minimal out of pocket lol

Man sounds familiar with me ! I hope your MRI goes well

Reactions: IHI

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Bloody hell bro, that’s a lot of shit in an already ****ed up year. I’m thankful for my setbacks after reading yours if that’s any consolation. Shit always happens when you ain’t got time for it.

I know a fella who had both knees done at 65years young... says he wished he did them at 50. All the best man!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
That sucks man. Hope everything goes as well as it can for ya.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Holy shit, that sucks.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Bloody hell bro, that’s a lot of shit in an already ****ed up year. I’m thankful for my setbacks after reading yours if that’s any consolation. Shit always happens when you ain’t got time for it.

I know a fella who had both knees done at 65years young... says he wished he did them at 50. All the best man!

i knew the day was coming eventually, as active as I am, kinda impressive they’ve lasted this long lol.

but to date, this is worst possible timing, day job busy as hell due to staff shortage of covid case tracking. We started an investment business AND construction business before fall (get back to what I’ve done my whole life, 10yrs in a union factory setting is 9yrs 11months too long already) but I’ve been working 7 days a week trying to balance day job, our personal investment properties, and outside sales on the construction business side. Am literally booked 7 days a week into January....and now THIS, not optimal at all

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Hope everything works out for you!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i knew the day was coming eventually, as active as I am, kinda impressive they’ve lasted this long lol.

but to date, this is worst possible timing, day job busy as hell due to staff shortage of covid case tracking. We started an investment business AND construction business before fall (get back to what I’ve done my whole life, 10yrs in a union factory setting is 9yrs 11months too long already) but I’ve been working 7 days a week trying to balance day job, our personal investment properties, and outside sales on the construction business side. Am literally booked 7 days a week into January....and now THIS, not optimal at all

Always happens at the worst possible times it seems

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Always happens at the worst possible times it seems

my own fault, have had Over 15yrs to deal with it, always had excuses (busy)....so nobody to blame but myself lol. Time to go Rambo, Adapt and Overcome the situation!!

We’ll get through it, no other choice- adulting just sucks sometimes lmfao

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sending you good vibes brother. No advice to give other than I know you have the strength to make the best of a sh&tty situation

Gabriel

Reaction score
Sometimes we get delt a crapy hand..and it's hard to find the good..I can only say from my experience.First,don't let it define you..but rather embrace it and become better than before..Good Luck and Godspeed..

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Had MRI yesterday and Ortho office called asking if it’s possible to come in today- hell yes i can

so imagine the quick mri/quick follow up means my knee is hamburger at point, all I want to hear is you need a new knee, lets do this next week!!

Guess by 4:30 I’ll have that answer.

Gabreil- at this stage of my life ive been paying my debts for hard physical life (work/play) and im good with that; I deserve it because i phucking earned it muhahahaha!! But each set back I’ve attacked rehab like a addict and full recovery ended up being better than before procedure- which is what it’s always all about!!

New Threads