Question about 2nd cycle

Reaction score
Hi guys, I ran a second cycle (went from 350 test cyp/week in 1st cycle to 400 test cyp/week in the second). I plateaued at week 6. I have now increased to test 500mg/week. Still nothing after 1 week. Questions:

1) Since I'm not getting any more benefit, is there any issues with just going down to 200-300 mg per week (figured less negative effects if i'm just maintaining for the rest of the cycle).

2) Have you ever had experience getting through a plateau after week 6? How much more should I increase test (or is increasing test this late in the cycle even going to work)?

Thanks!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hi guys, I ran a second cycle (went from 350 test cyp/week in 1st cycle to 400 test cyp/week in the second). I plateaued at week 6. I have now increased to test 500mg/week. Still nothing after 1 week. Questions:

1) Since I'm not getting any more benefit, is there any issues with just going down to 200-300 mg per week (figured less negative effects if i'm just maintaining for the rest of the cycle).

2) Have you ever had experience getting through a plateau after week 6? How much more should I increase test (or is increasing test this late in the cycle even going to work)?

Thanks!

Your plateau has nothing to do with your steroid dose.

care to introduce yourself? https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/forums/58-New-Members-Introductions

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Listen to the man above.

On another note, why would you cut your test in half mid cycle? 400mg is on the fairly mild side for test alone. If your plateau isn’t diet or training related as Jin is getting at then there are several possibilities and routes you can take. Post up an intro like he he mentioned and stick around and you will be privy to far more info than you could imagine

Reaction score
Ill Fill out the introduction.

1) I dont think its my training. I am going to the Gym every day with one Off day. (Push, Pull, Leg split). I really push myself and am pretty exhausted/sore in some part of my body most days

2) As far as diet I am eating 2,400 calories. I weigh 151 pounds. I consume about 180g protein per day, 240 g Carbs, and the rest from fat. I am very regimented in my diet. Im a small dude - 5' 5" and I hover around 12% body fat.

Should I increase to 2,600 calories? What about my macro splits?

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
To really be growing I think your calories are low. That’s about what my 128lb wife is shooting for when working out 6 days a week. Just keep your fats low post workout. Other than that, I’m sure some far more knowledgeable guys will chime in here once the sun comes up

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Easier to grow on a surplus without steroids than to grow on a deficit while on.

Eat more.

Additionally, test cyp doesn’t really start shining until about week 6.

Up the calories and stay the course.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Define plateau please.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another point about your diet is that you need to eat for where you want to be and not where you currently are

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just read your intro, now I know that you're trying to gain weight.

Bump your Cals about 10% to 2700 per day on average. That extra 300 Cals try to get in around your workout times.

Are your lifts still progressing in weight and/or reps?

Reaction score
Meaning I've weighed around 151 pounds for a good 3+ weeks (not gaining more muscle). Ive started to increase my volume, weight in the gym. I usually stick to 12 reps per set (around failure at 12). now I'm lifting heavy and failing around 8-10 reps.

Reaction score
I feel that I am progressing in weight/reps somewhat slowly. I'm just not seeing any results in my weight. How much of my extra calories should be fat, protein and carbs? What should my new macros be at 2,700 calories?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Meaning I've weighed around 151 pounds for a good 3+ weeks (not gaining more muscle). Ive started to increase my volume, weight in the gym. I usually stick to 12 reps per set (around failure at 12). now I'm lifting heavy and failing around 8-10 reps.

All that is fine, you're giving your body the stimulus to grow, both with your workout and testosterone. But you need to give it the materials now. Muscle just doesn't magically appear. It needs the protein for the actual muscle tissue, and carbs/fats as energy to lay down those proteins. It's a very energy demanding process, from all that I've read.

Just like a house. You can have all the workers and equipment you want, but with no lumber, you're not getting that house built.

Reaction score
All that is fine, you're giving your body the stimulus to grow, both with your workout and testosterone. But you need to give it the materials now. Muscle just doesn't magically appear. It needs the protein for the actual muscle tissue, and carbs/fats as energy to lay down those proteins. It's a very energy demanding process, from all that I've read.

Just like a house. You can have all the workers and equipment you want, but with no lumber, you're not getting that house built.

What should my new macros be at 2,700 calories?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What should my new macros be at 2,700 calories?

Keep your protein the same, that's fine.

As for carbs/fats, I'm of the opinion that it really doesn't matter all that much, as long as you're not to an extreme end of the spectrum either way. Or prepping for a show. I think hitting your Cals and protein are much more important things to worry about.

Do you have plenty of energy during your workouts? If not, try adding some carbohydrate before and after the workout.

You could add carbs on workout days, and fats on off days.

Many ways to do it, try some out, see which you prefer.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I guess I'll be the elephant in the room.... You weigh 151lbs and you are running gear to grow.

EAT... quit eating like a bird and shovel nutrient dense foods down your mouth. You train push, pull, legs... you better be deadlifting, squatting, OHPing, and benching with the intent of either breaking the bar or it braking you.

You haven't scratched the surface of your potential and you want to run gear? There are NO shortcuts.

Reactions: CJ

Gabriel

Reaction score
Test/Deca...Dbol wks 4-8..at 50mgs/ed
And eat every 3 to 4hrs..eat everything..push to consume 5k cals a day..

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t make much sense week 6 is we’re u really start feeling great . You don’t give much detail on yourself so don’t expect great advice. 500 mg is what most people feel is a good dose of test to grow on so start there . It about diet training then drugs. All 3 are needed to get the most out of it.

New Threads