Eating organic while on AAS?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Are you a farmer? I am a cannabis grower and use organic pesticides. I can tell you right now that they’re definitely not more harmful and poisonous then synthetic pesticides!

Lol, you science lessons!

I saw in my quick research that some were, but most weren't. Still leaves the open question though of which is commonly used. There were A LOT more chemical pesticides approved than organic as well.

DOOM

Reaction score
I saw in my quick research that some were, but most weren't. Still leaves the open question though of which is commonly used. There were A LOT more chemical pesticides approved than organic as well.
Because these corporations distributing these synthetic pesticides have extraordinary lobbying power with the fda and usda.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Because these corporations distributing these synthetic pesticides have extraordinary lobbying power with the fda and usda.

Money rules the world.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Are you a farmer? I am a cannabis grower and use organic pesticides. I can tell you right now that they’re definitely not more harmful and poisonous then synthetic pesticides!

Lol, YouTube science lessons!

I actually did a research project on organic foods for a competition. The debate over how poisonous the pesticide isnt that important. The danger from pesticides is in the amount you consume or are exposed to.

Say that synthetic pesticides are more poisonous for the sake of the argument. Synthetic pesticides, by their nature of being designed for this task, are more efficient. The organic pesticides are needed in much larger amounts because they are less efficient.

So by the inefficiency of these organic pesticides, the amounts of pesticides the consumer is exposed to is significantly larger. This makes them more dangerous.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I actually did a research project on organic foods for a competition. The debate over how poisonous the pesticide isnt that important. The danger from pesticides is in the amount you consume or are exposed to.

Say that synthetic pesticides are more poisonous for the sake of the argument. Synthetic pesticides, by their nature of being designed for this task, are more efficient. The organic pesticides are needed in much larger amounts because they are less efficient.

So by the inefficiency of these organic pesticides, the amounts of pesticides the consumer is exposed to is significantly larger. This makes them more dangerous.

And I've personally been in many food plants, at farms, etc...

The foods do go through a washing process that removes most of the chemicals on it. Some foods are more easily rinsed than others, of course.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Also been in many hydroponic lettuce growers greenhouses. I don't believe they use anything.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Yeah, it's messed up.

I tried to say TRUE organic, but you never really do know. The only way would be to grow your own, and know exactly what's being used.

OR have an in with the producer b/c they usually have their own stash. One of my clients is the intermediary and he brings me things from time to time and let me tell you... his selection is far better than what he sells to whole foods. I love it when he stops by. It's usually fruits and veggies.

Reactions: CJ

DOOM

Reaction score
Efficiency is only important refraining to commercial agricultural. Because it usually translates into corporations saving money!

I think if you are growing for personal use then doing it as organic as possible in a no brainer.

There are endless variables in agriculture. Including climate,weather, indoor, outdoor crops, if it’s a soil, soilless medium being used.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Efficiency is only important refraining to commercial agricultural. Because it usually translates into corporations saving money!

I think if you are growing for personal use then doing it as organic as possible in a no brainer.

There are endless variables in agriculture. Including climate,weather, indoor, outdoor crops, if it’s a soil, soilless medium being used.

Ill take your word, I for one never grew anything in my life lol. But I dont blame the local farmer for using loads of pesticides to squeeze out every penny out of the crop yield.
I have family members who farm and they just cant compete with commercial farms. But luckily they found their niche in those roadside produce stands.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Then there's the GMO argument that OP questioned. Haha, one should know essentially all our foods are the result of thousands of years of genetic modifications.
Genetic engineering just does it much much faster and more precise.

DOOM

Reaction score
Ill take your word, I for one never grew anything in my life lol. But I dont blame the local farmer for using loads of pesticides to squeeze out every penny out of the crop yield.
I have family members who farm and they just cant compete with commercial farms. But luckily they found their niche in those roadside produce stands.
This Is why cooperative farming has become so popular in the last two decades. Also with the opening of stores like Whole Foods and natural grocers it is now possible for small farms to get there product to the mainstream market without a ton of overhead.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Then there's the GMO argument that OP questioned. Haha, one should know essentially all our foods are the result of thousands of years of genetic modifications.
Genetic engineering just does it much much faster and more precise.
This made me think of Darwins using the mustard plant to explain unnatural selection in "On the origin of species" 72F0C432-A0A7-4C75-98FD-F55CE0676B47.jpg

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
This Is why cooperative farming has become so popular in the last two decades. Also with the opening of stores like Whole Foods and natural grocers it is now possible for small farms to get there product to the mainstream market without a ton of overhead.
They just leased the land to the bigger farmers and created a large garden. I wouldnt call them farmers anymore, its not their main source of income.

DOOM

Reaction score
Seed splicing and strain crossing are both technically gmo. This has and always will be a common used practice to enhance yields. As mentioned earlier are safe for human consumption.

Now the freaky shit there doing in Monsanto’s labs like micro RNA interference is uncharted territory. This could potentially have a detrimental outcome in our food chain!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
To Seeker's point, don't conflate GMO with pesticides/fertilizers. Please show me exactly which diseases are contributed to GMO. OP, just fkn eat man.

Miamiking

Reaction score
To Seeker's point, don't conflate GMO with pesticides/fertilizers. Please show me exactly which diseases are contributed to GMO. OP, just fkn eat man.

huffpost.com/entry/monsantos-gmo-corn-linked_n_420365 (cant post full links yet)

Cancer, for one?

New Threads