Eating organic while on AAS?

Miamiking

Reaction score
Does anyone here eat only or mainly Non-GMO / organic foods while on AAS? It is very hard to even know what is truly real and there really isn't much at the store that isn't processed, GMO, etc. I want to clean my diet up as I believe this is the cause of many conditions and disease today but it is proving ot a a challenge just to figure out where and what even falls into that category. When bulking up is it even possible to make significant gains while doing this (for the most part)? I am very lean as it is so weight loss not my goal. I have had health issues in the past and have become aware that this is the cause of many of todays diseases. For those that do o this, any recommendations as far as wehre some of the real foods can be found or a resource for even determining what and where they can be found? any and all info appreciated.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Of course it's possible, it's just more expensive. If you're going to go this route, here's a list of the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 produce foods that you should switch first. https://www.greenmatters.com/p/2020-dirty-dozen-clean-15

For meats, remember the toxins are stored in the fat, so something like a boneless skinless chicken breast probably makes no difference, but if getting fatty cuts or organ meats, then grass fed/pasture raised animals.

Choose wild caught fish over farm raised.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Organic is just a marketing gimmick. The only difference between organic crops and other crops is that organic crops use "natural " pesticides and eschew modern science. All based on the faulty reasoning that natural may be better.

Organic doesn't mean healthy
Organic doesn't mean pesticide free.

And yes, I fully support JackDM with his comment

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Organic is just a marketing gimmick. The only difference between organic crops and other crops is that organic crops use "natural " pesticides and eschew modern science. All based on the faulty reasoning that natural may be better.

I'll third these points.

Consume as many non-organic/GMO products as you want, regardless of whether or not you're on the sauce.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I'm going to push back on this a little bit.

Im pretty sure, if money were no object, that most if not all of us would choose organic produce over ones sprayed will chemicals like RoundUp(glyphosate).

I'm pretty sure we'd also choose an animal that was pasture raised or wild and hunted/harvested, and not pumped full of antibiotics/meds to prevent the diseases associated with living in close quarters and feed lots, where diseases and parasites can run rampant.

Modern farming/science is amazing, yes, and needed to feed the immense human population, but I'd be willing to bet my life that the healthier choice would be to choose true organic, grass fed and finished, pasture raised, and wild caught foods.

That being said, I usually don't do any of that myself! :32 (18):

Reactions: DF

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I'm going to push back on this a little bit.

Im pretty sure, if money were no object, that most if not all of us would choose organic produce over ones sprayed will chemicals like RoundUp(glyphosate).

I'm pretty sure we'd also choose an animal that was pasture raised or wild and hunted/harvested, and not pumped full of antibiotics/meds to prevent the diseases associated with living in close quarters and feed lots, where diseases and parasites can run rampant.

Organic farming still uses pesticides, but they are considered "organic". The problem here is that they are ineffective, so they have to use much larger amounts of it. The danger from pesticides isnt the presence of it, but the amount you consume.

Ontop of that, the organic pesticides are much more harmful and poisonous than synthetic pesticides. The key difference between them is that synthetic pesticides were designed to be safer and more effective.

If the trends of regression keep being followed we will end up at our starting point of hunter gatherers. Technology by definition is anything that betters human life. Going "organic" is the same thing as sucker punching the person who just narcanned your arse.

Here is some short vids on it

BrotherIron

Reaction score
The fields of the organic and non organic are sometimes right next to each other. Some food for thought.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Organic farming still uses pesticides, but they are considered "organic". The problem here is that they are ineffective, so they have to use much larger amounts of it. The danger from pesticides isnt the presence of it, but the amount you consume.

Ontop of that, the organic pesticides are much more harmful and poisonous than synthetic pesticides. The key difference between them is that synthetic pesticides were designed to be safer and more effective.

If the trends of regression keep being followed we will end up at our starting point of hunter gatherers. Technology by definition is anything that betters human life. Going "organic" is the same thing as sucker punching the person who just narcanned your arse.

What about the herbicides and fertilizers? Pesticides are only one part of the equation. Again, glyposate hasn't exactly had a positive light shined on it recently, being designated as probably cancinogenic to humans.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The fields of the organic and non organic are sometimes right next to each other. Some food for thought.

Yeah, it's messed up.

I tried to say TRUE organic, but you never really do know. The only way would be to grow your own, and know exactly what's being used.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like Jack said, Organic farming absolutely uses pesticides including ones with relatively high toxicity. It just limits itself to natural so called pesticides. And yes, tgr dose makes the poison and the fact that nature is full of countless chemicals that are toxic at very low doses. Knowing whether something is natural or synthetic tells you nothing how about how toxic it is.

Just got off a plane. :)

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
What about the herbicides and fertilizers? Pesticides are only one part of the equation. Again, glyposate hasn't exactly had a positive light shined on it recently, being designated as probably cancinogenic to humans.
Yes Im not saying its not harmful, but its negative effects are negligible. Its similar to people fearing cancer from emf or nuclear waste, its just not real.

All of our parents ate pesticides far more harmful than the ones we have today. Many of them lived long healthy lives. If you really want to avoid cancer, disease, or death youll have to hide away in your closet.

In my opinion if the person drinks alchohol or drives a car this argument is a non starter. The chances of death from synthetic farming is nill compared to car crashes or the consumption of alcohol.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes Im not saying its not harmful, but its negative effects are negligible. Its similar to people fearing cancer from emf or nuclear waste, its just not real.

All of our parents ate pesticides far more harmful than the ones we have today. Many of them lived long healthy lives. If you really want to avoid cancer, disease, or death youll have to hide away in your closet.

In my opinion if the person drinks alchohol or drives a car this argument is a non starter. The chances of death from synthetic farming is nill compared to car crashes or the consumption of alcohol.

But the use of chemicals vs not using them is also clear, albeit unrealistic at scale needed to feed the world. (both organic and synthetic, I concede that point)

Same with wild caught/pastured meats vs factory farmed meats pumped full of antibiotics/meds.

There's definitely a cost to benefit ratio. I would not say they're the same.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
All of our parents ate pesticides far more harmful than the ones we have today.

And I'd bet that our kids/grandkids will say the same about us.

I do believe that they try to make things safer, but at some point in time could there be a tipping point where what's needed to feed the world will require an unhealthy choice?

I wouldn't put that above the powers that be, because people starving is the lesser of two evils.

Sorry, that's definitely a tangent I just went off on there! :32 (18):

Last edited:

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
And I'd bet that our kids/grandkids will say the same about us.

I do believe that they try to make things safer, but at some point in time could there be a tipping point where what's needed to feed the world will require an unhealthy choice?

I wouldn't put that above the powers that be, because people starving is the lesser of two evils.

Sorry, that's definitely a tangent I just went off on there! :32 (18):
Yeah I agree we should always try to make things safer, but keep it practical. I think a starving African would prefer frog corn over starving :32 (18):

Reactions: CJ

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would be to much for me on cycle there’s already to much to worry about.I wouldn’t worry about keeping organic

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Same with wild caught/pastured meats vs factory farmed meats pumped full of antibiotics/meds.

There's definitely a cost to benefit ratio. I would not say they're the same.

Yeah Id agree, but wild fish isnt sustainable so we need farming. The the biggest Atlantic Cod population has already been killed off.

I just think it needs to be seen as either regression or progression. Theres no negatives to free range pasture animals, except deforestation and co2 emissions. I love animals and want them treated well (before I eat them:32 (20):) But on the other side we cant keep eating wild fish, we are causing their extinction.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yeah Id agree, but wild fish isnt sustainable so we need farming. The the biggest Atlantic Cod population has already been killed off.

I just think it needs to be seen as either regression or progression. Theres no negatives to free range pasture animals, except deforestation and co2 emissions. I love animals and want them treated well (before I eat them:32 (20):) But on the other side we cant keep eating wild fish, we are causing their extinction.

That's why we need Thanos to come down and snap his finger, get rid of half of humans! :32 (18):

But you did get the wheels turning in my brain. I really never gave a second thought to the safety or efficacy of "organic" pesticides. I watched your video on that, and did some quick research which did fir the most part go along with what you're saying. I do have to look more into it though to 100% change my opinion. I'm not some crazy organic zealot, so I really should look into it more to form a more educated opinion of it. Thanks for the homework. :32 (7):

I didn't watch the GMO vid though because we're of the same opinion on that.

DOOM

Reaction score

Are you a farmer? I am a cannabis grower and use organic pesticides. I can tell you right now that they’re definitely not more harmful and poisonous then synthetic pesticides!

Lol, YouTube science lessons!

Last edited:

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
That's why we need Thanos to come down and snap his finger, get rid of half of humans! :32 (18):

But you did get the wheels turning in my brain. I really never gave a second thought to the safety or efficacy of "organic" pesticides. I watched your video on that, and did some quick research which did fir the most part go along with what you're saying. I do have to look more into it though to 100% change my opinion. I'm not some crazy organic zealot, so I really should look into it more to form a more educated opinion of it. Thanks for the homework. :32 (7):

I didn't watch the GMO vid though because we're of the same opinion on that.

Yeah I always like looking at "green" science and conservation. Heres another link if you want some more homework lol https://www.forbes.com/sites/tilakdoshi/2020/08/02/the-dirty-secrets-of-clean-electric-vehicles/

New Threads