Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,778 Posts

What is with this fat guy?

Is it just me or does everyone here have a fat guy or 2 at their gym that you see workout all the time but they are still fat. I have 2 guys at my gym that are really fat. I see them working out hard at times doing cardio ect.... Sweating but they ****ing don't change. One guy wears the same football jersey & the thing is soooo tight on him no idea how he gets that thing off. I just want to grab them & shake them & scream What the **** are you doing? You have been at this gym working out hard for years & your still a fat ass! Wtf?

Thanks

Re: What is with this fat guy?

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    Is it just me or does everyone here have a fat guy or 2 at their gym that you see workout all the time but they are still fat. I have 2 guys at my gym that are really fat. I see them working out hard at times doing cardio ect.... Sweating but they ****ing don't change. One guy wears the same football jersey & the thing is soooo tight on him no idea how he gets that thing off. I just want to grab them & shake them & scream What the **** are you doing? You have been at this gym working out hard for years & your still a fat ass! Wtf?
    Yup....the local gyms around here are full of those guys. They also say "I train hard - I'm hard core into it and my diet is in check! I eat really clean!"

For them "I train hard..." = I bench 315 for 2 reps!

I love that - "in check" statement. What the heck does that mean? If they were following any sort of decent diet regimen they wouldn't be 18% bodyfat.

These are ALWAYS the guys that are going to interrupt me in the middle of my workout to ask me one of the 8 really dumb questions I listed in another post.

Do not engage these guys in a conversation. It is a black hole for your time.

I just tell them, "You keep at it, man. You'll get there."

Thanks

Damn...18% bodyfat? You cut me deep Cashout, reeaaaall deep.

I thought Dfeaton was talking about the 30-50%-ers. (

Nah, I'm doing my best to keep a log of my diet...then I'll be asking several diet questions here. If I start down this rabbit hole I want everything to be primed for that first big "push".

Thanks

Originally Posted by KingMoose View Post
    Damn...18% bodyfat? You cut me deep Cashout, reeaaaall deep.

I thought Dfeaton was talking about the 30-50%-ers. (

Nah, I'm doing my best to keep a log of my diet...then I'll be asking several diet questions here. If I start down this rabbit hole I want everything to be primed for that first big "push".
    Rofl Moose!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Yup....the local gyms around here are full of those guys. They also say "I train hard - I'm hard core into it and my diet is in check! I eat really clean!"

For them "I train hard..." = I bench 315 for 2 reps!

I love that - "in check" statement. What the heck does that mean? If they were following any sort of decent diet regimen they wouldn't be 18% bodyfat.

These are ALWAYS the guys that are going to interrupt me in the middle of my workout to ask me one of the 8 really dumb questions I listed in another post.

Do not engage these guys in a conversation. It is a black hole for your time.

I just tell them, "You keep at it, man. You'll get there."
    Yea, I dont get it why do they bother?
    I had one of them give me advice about wearing the belt strap on the seated push down machine. I dont use the belt (cause **** that belt) I just wrap my legs around which works fine. Not to mention I had my Ipod turned up & couldnt hear a thing he was saying. I just said thanks Bro

Thanks

As a former fat dude I will speak on there behalf I used to eat a lrg bacon cheese burger pizza from domino's to the head + 3 beers smoke a cig then go to the gym bang out a mile on the treadmill and lift hard I remember this day specifically b/c I felt like I was running with a ****ing boulder in my gut lol. But even if I didn't be as gluttonous as pizza it was always a dinner filled with carbs heavy sauces and other shit so when I did burn any cal's it was all what i ate no fat . Any fat man putting in work and not getting results is not eating properly that's all there is to it riddle solved
    Enjoy Your Ride!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,186 Posts

Cash I didn't think 18% was that bad either. Lol

Thanks

Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    Cash I didn't think 18% was that bad either. Lol
    Lol, 18% is herm on a cut cycle.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts
    In my gym there are 8 types of people.

The fat middle aged women who never make any progress because they work with the wanna be guru trainer who has them doing trunk twists on a bosu ball;

the fat gut, stick legged middle aged guys that only bench and do tricep push downs and have horrible invisible Lat syndrome;

skinny kids that do mostly curls and isolation movements even though they are extreme ecto's and should be doing heavy compounds. Although they do perform team benchpress with 135. They never ever forget their post workout shake. All questions they ask you and all of their conversations are about supplements.

Crossfit faggots with bad form and clueless about everything but think they are "elite"

Douchebags pre-occupied with the mirror. Spends roughly 4 hours in the gym per day.

Old guys that talk sports (very emotionally I'll add) between sets for 15 minutes at a time... ****in Pats dude! How bout dem Sox!

The guys that work hard and never progress cause their diet sucks. They tend to stare at me thru my lifts.

Then there is me and my girl. We're fukin awesome
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post

The fat middle aged women who never make any progress because they work with the wanna be guru trainer who has them doing trunk twists on a bosu ball;

the fat gut, stick legged middle aged guys that only bench and do tricep push downs and have horrible invisible Lat syndrome;

skinny kids that do mostly curls and isolation movements even though they are extreme ecto's and should be doing heavy compounds. Although they do perform team benchpress with 135. They never ever forget their post workout shake. All questions they ask you and all of their conversations are about supplements.

Crossfit faggots with bad form and clueless about everything but think they are "elite"

Douchebags pre-occupied with the mirror. Spends roughly 4 hours in the gym per day.

Old guys that talk sports (very emotionally I'll add) between sets for 15 minutes at a time... ****in Pats dude! How bout dem Sox!

The guys that work hard and never progress cause their diet sucks. They tend to stare at me thru my lifts.

This is some true shit right here.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post

Lol i got all them characters in my gym. But if you work out in an army gym, theres one more type of person....
    The fatass that can't pass his tape test for body fat. And sits there for an hour doing neck curs.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.