Training with extremely busy work schedules?

Miamiking

Reaction score
Any training tips or techniques to get the most out of the one or two days some of us only have off per week? My job is very physical so cannot afford to be heavily fatigued when I am at work. I have an off period of about 2-2 1/2 days each week all at once, would it be best to do a real hard workout at the beginning of that period each week , then just smaller workouts throughout week?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Snake has a sign up in his gym that might help you.....

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, I work between 12-14 hours per day, so don't have much time during the work week.

What I do is, on my 2 days off, I do a full Upper body and full Lower body workouts. These end up being 75 to 90 mins.

First day back to work is a rest day. The next 3 days are smaller Pull, Push, and Legs days. Those workouts are about 45 mins long, short and sweet. The 5th day at work is a rest day, before back to the beginning.

Do the heavier stuff that taxes you more on your 2 days off from work. Save the less fatiguing exercises for the work week.

Reactions: Jin

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I work 28 12+ hour days straight when I go work and never miss the gym. Man up

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Full body workouts!
Upper body one day,
Lower another day!
Supersetting!!!!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Kind of following what FD said, if you know you will be training on a specific day, go early in the morn. go to bed early the night before. Obviously not everyone is an early bird, but it's not a bad thing to get in the habit of being one.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Any training tips or techniques to get the most out of the one or two days some of us only have off per week? My job is very physical so cannot afford to be heavily fatigued when I am at work. I have an off period of about 2-2 1/2 days each week all at once, would it be best to do a real hard workout at the beginning of that period each week , then just smaller workouts throughout week?

Yes man! I stay super busy. 4 boys a wife. It gets crazy. Buy you some damn good resisitance bands and dumbbells. You don't have to go heavy. Practice form and high high reps. You'll hit hypertrophy. Doesn't take as long as you think. It's good for you brother.

Miamiking

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice so far. If my job weren't extremely physically demanding the entire 10 hour shift it would be somewhat easier to figure out, but I will find a balance.

New Threads