Steroid induced Acid Reflux

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone with personal experience that has developed acid reflux or indigestion while taking orals?

Just started taking anavar and noticed it this past couple days.
Read online my solution is a simple anti-acid such as omeprazole (Prilosec). Others suggest tums or apple cider vinegar.

Just looking for people's personal experiences dealing with this issue and ways you've dealt with it.

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've heard the calcium in Tums can make the acid issue worse. Almost like they purposely put it in there, so you feel relief but then get an acid rebound, and end up buying more. Caught in a loop.

No idea if it's true though.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I want to say this about acid reflux,I nearly died about 4 months ago from a combination of erosion and a bleeding ulcer..the erosion was caused be un-checked acid reflux.

Reflux has been a silent devil..I take medication for both the reflux and ulcer..But miss a few pills and all Hell follows.

Point being,don't make light of the reflux..Get professional help if it continues to be an issue..plus avoid anything that causes it.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I got the same shit not even from orals just overall after starting taking injections went to Dr they gave me the omeprazole cause i was sick of buying it at walmart and spending like $30 a month and it’s free with my prescription. it went away comes back once in a while pop a pill and i’m good to go again

Reaction score
I want to say this about acid reflux,I nearly died about 4 months ago from a combination of erosion and a bleeding ulcer..the erosion was caused be un-checked acid reflux..
Reflux has been a silent devil..I take medication for both the reflux and ulcer..But miss a few pills and all Hell follows..
Point being,don't make light of the reflux..Get professional help if it continues to be an issue..plus avoid anything that causes it..

In the same boat. In 2002 I had throat surgery to replace the missing valve in my throat and before this year is over I hope to have it again. My throat is destroyed from life long reflux. Tums are not even an option and I take esemeprozole and pantoprozole just to make it manageable.

Waking up drowing in your own acid is scary as ****. Don't let it go untreated.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have been lucky. A rare flair up (once per year) of acid reflux but I wonder if taking the oral with food might help? I use mustard or pickle juice for heartburn and acid reflux and it seems to stop it almost instantly.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Found Quick-Eze chewies to be the quickest working(lol at the name similarity) but as far as I know theyre only available in Aus.

In the UK I buy sugar free liquid Rennie which takes longer to work imo but works near all day long. Omeprazole isnt technically a fast acting medicine(although does help within couple hours if the reflux isnt too harsh) and is used for longer treatment periods. I never found a long treatment to be very effective(once I stopped taking it the issue came back). My dad cant go a day without them and he's had several gastric ulcers before.

I also find that stress can induce it so I sometimes pop a xannie if Im having a stressful few days...

Good luck with your search!

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I took some generic omeprazole w/sodium bicarbonate to help and that worked cleared it up within 2hrs the day it was acting up.

Next day I took my var with a meal and had no issues.

Gonna make sure to eat while I take it
And keep the omeprazole on hand.

New Threads