Absolute MUST HAVE supplements and vitamins while on AAS?

Miamiking

Reaction score
If there was 2-3 supplements that you could get from GNC or wherever that most of you would agree on that you have to have while cycling , what would they be? I have read some conflicting stuff about protein shakes so I am curious if they are still considered a must have ?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Mistake one is getting your supplements from GNC. They are over priced. Too many better and cheaper places to get them.

Secondly, I don't take any more supplements on cycle than I do off cycle with the exception of liver support if a chose to take an oral. This doesnt include AI's and obvious things that relate to the actual cycle.

I think that people get carried away with adding extra supplements on cycle. More likely than not, they should be taking those supplements anyway. I have seen so many huge list of supplements that guys start adding in during a cycle and I just think to myself. Did you take anything before you started?

Take a good multi vitamin, I add extra vitamin C and D this time of year. Maybe some fish oil. I take MSM and sometimes use other joint support products cause my joints have taken a beating through the years. Throw in some probiotics and fiber for digestion.

I am sure that others have their go to supplement mix but getting on a cycle doesn't necessarily mean that you need to add more supplements. You body uses them on or off cycle so why deprive it?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
D3,fish oil, B6÷12, ,red yeast rice,CoQ10 & saw palmetto!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Magnesium, Zinc, and D3 I often take.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mistake one is getting your supplements from GNC. They are over priced. Too many better and cheaper places to get them.

Secondly, I don't take any more supplements on cycle than I do off cycle with the exception of liver support if a chose to take an oral. This doesnt include AI's and obvious things that relate to the actual cycle.

I think that people get carried away with adding extra supplements on cycle. More likely than not, they should be taking those supplements anyway. I have seen so many huge list of supplements that guys start adding in during a cycle and I just think to myself. Did you take anything before you started?

Take a good multi vitamin, I add extra vitamin C and D this time of year. Maybe some fish oil. I take MSM and sometimes use other joint support products cause my joints have taken a beating through the years. Throw in some probiotics and fiber for digestion.

I am sure that others have their go to supplement mix but getting on a cycle doesn't necessarily mean that you need to add more supplements. You body uses them on or off cycle so why deprive it?

x2 - pretty much exactly this IME as well.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Magnesium, Zinc, and D3 I often take.

Seems to be the important ones to take in today's times. Studies seem to support it. But how accurate are these Studies.

Reaction score
I've always taken a lot of vitamins, can't tell if they do any good or not.
The only thing I know for sure is that I get terrible calf cramps at night if I don't take extra potassium. I've tested this several times over the years.

Reaction score
Saw palmetto
turmeric cucumin complex.
fish oil.
good multi. Plenty of zinc.
24/7 365

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
any one out there using NAC am thinkin about giving it a try in January

DOOM

Reaction score
any one out there using NAC am thinkin about giving it a try in January

Yeah I’ve used it many times back in my days when I believed liver support supplements made a big difference.

Then I realized I was wasting my money! I do use these though.

Now Celery seed extract
Now Ashwagandha
Nutrabio Multi sport
Nutrabio pre (Loaded with goodies)
Nutrabio Amino energy

I quit drinking coffee years ago so often drink a pre or amino energy supplement multiple times a day.

It’s actually cheaper and better for you then coffee!

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Someone already beat me to the GNC comment. I wouldn't waste my time in one.
Quality protein powder is my number one supplement at all times but especially while cycling.
L-Glutamine would be my second and a really good vitamin such as an animal pack.
Alot of guys will say that you don't need to take a vitamin if you're eating well. Well we don't always eat as well as we should and when you're training extra hard your body is demanding them. IMO its better to piss out some extra vitamins once in a while than to be deficient.
Don't buy your sups from GNC and you'll have some extra cash for the vitamins. Lol

Last edited:

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Reaction score
I like ISO 100. they make a whey too. It’s by dymatize.
I use it for slamming my protein numbers up and post workout. I sleep on the whey.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
For me; cod liver oil, CoQ10 phytosome, Bergamot phytosome, NAC, cardarine, Maca, ZMA, D3, and 1/2 of a daily multi-vitamin. If I'm taking an oral then I'll throw in TUDCA as well. There are others that I take, but these are the ones I think are important for me. Basically I focus on liver, lipids, blood pressure, insulin sensitivity, etc.

Off cycle I take cod liver oil, ZMA, D3, Maca, 1/2 daily multi vitamin, Ashwagandha, DIM, Tribulus, and Mucuna Pruriens.

Most of these supplements I buy in powder form, so I just make my own capsules with the dosages I want. Sometimes when I'm lazy I'll just throw everything into a protein shake and drink it up.