Blood work feedback, considering trt

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'm 41 years old, haven't done a cycle the last 4-5 years. For the past couple of years I've had a nearly non-existent libido, I don't sleep well, rarely have morning wood and when I do pop a boner it's not what I'd call a quality erection, my joints feel crunchy, I can't seem to gain muscle easily despite having my diet and lifting program dialed in, and a number of other things I could complain about. In summary, I don't feel awful/suicidal.. but I also sure as hell don't feel how a man should.

~5 months ago I had my own blood work done, but I didn't really know what to think of it. Below I listed results for key metrics we usually care about; unfortunately the lab work didn't include lh, fsh, or shbg.

I've scheduled another lab for next week to measure f/t test, e2, lh, fsh, psa, and cbc. I'm considering taking the new lab results to a TRT clinic, as I just don't see the point of wasting time with a primary care who's just going to lecture me. Mostly I want to feel normal again, but I'd be lying if I said having a script I can travel with wasn't a secondary interest.

The TRT clinic's FAQ says they won't consider anyone above 450 free test, but I realize they won't be looking at just a single metric to make their decision.

Factoring in that I'm going the TRT clinic route and not a primary doctor, do the numbers below seem like the clinic would consider me for Test replacement? If not, then how much lower do they need to be for a clinic to make a decision based on lab numbers alone?

Lab results from 06/2020 @ 8am

• AST = 26 IU/L (range: 0 - 40)
  • ALT = 32 IU/L (range: 0 - 44)
  • Hematocrit = 42% (range: 37.5% - 51%)
  • Cholesterol total = 168mg/dL (range: 100 - 199)
  • Triglycerides = 99mg/dL (range: 0 - 149)
  • HDL cholesterol = 48mg/dL (range: > 39)
  • LDL cholesterol = 102mg/dL (range: 0 - 99)
  • Estradiol, ultrasensitive = 16pg/mL (range: <= 29)
  • Total test = 441 ng/dL (range: 250 - 1100)
  • Free test = 56.2 pg/mL (range: 35 - 155)
    • Free test = 5.62ng/dL (range: 3.5 - 15.5)
    • Converted to ng/dL for direct comparison to total test
  • Cortisol = 10 mcg/dL
  • Prolactin = 5.1ng/dL (range: 2 - 18)
  • TSH = 1.75 mIU/L (range: 0.4 - 4.5)

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Judging by your bloodwork, a typical doctor won't consider you for TRT. You could always try your luck and if they won't to it, you have online clinics that will do it if you want a legit script or you can just do it yourself without.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Judging by your bloodwork, a typical doctor won't consider you for TRT. You could always try your luck and if they won't to it, you have online clinics that will do it if you want a legit script or you can just do it yourself without.

Thanks brother, appreciate the honest answer. My plan was to hit an online TRT clinic, since I assumed a typical doctor would tell me to go pound sand.

I am not opposed to self medicating, but thought I'd try my hand at getting a legit script.... shoving gear up the butt every time I go to the airport gets old pretty fast :D.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks brother, appreciate the honest answer. My plan was to hit an online TRT clinic, since I assumed a typical doctor would tell me to go pound sand.

I am not opposed to self medicating, but thought I'd try my hand at getting a legit script.... shoving gear up the butt every time I go to the airport gets old pretty fast :D.

Jeez. Definitely get a script or just wait until you get back. Not worth taking a vial up the pooper lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
.... shoving gear up the butt every time I go to the airport gets old pretty fast :D.

Kinda hoping it was 100 amps. :32 (18):

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Kinda hoping it was 100 amps. :32 (18):

My poop chute can only manage the diameter of about 60 amps arranged in a circle, and wrapped in bubble wrap. I am only human after all... 100 amps would require someone with goatse level skill sets.