Thanks

Compounds to avoid while on propecia

Just out of curiosity, if you were to decide to do propecia, what stuff should you avoid when it comes to cycling??

Thx, SF!

Thanks

Re: Compounds to avoid while on propecia

If you are going the use Propecia, the assumption is that hair loss is a big concern to you.

So, right off the bat, avoid drugs that are by design, highly androgenic like Tren. Tren has a binding affinity for the androgen receptor that is significantly higher than any other commercial steroid. Furthermore, it dosen't interact wit the 5-AR enzyme so its basic androgenic is perserved from any reduction reaction. Simply, tren = bad for hair loss.

Other drugs are also relativity unaffected by the 5-AR enyzme but are not as androgenic as Tren. To be safe, avoid those as well - Anadrol and Dbol in particular. Although neither is widely androgenic like tren, they both have some very interesting androgenic analogs that do bind activity to specific androgen receptors.

Lastly, avoid nandolone drugs. They actually DO interact with the 5-AR enzyme BUT unlike other androgens, after they interact with the 5-AR enzyme, they actual reduce to less androgenic compound - DHN (Dihydronandolone). So, Propecia would actual inhibit this reduction and the nandolone you are taking would actually exert a greater androgenic effect than without Propecia.

So, what is best cycle for minimizing hair loss?

Test + Propecia and any of the following can be used safely

1. EQ (50% binding affinity of test)
    2. Primo (40% binding affinity of test)
    3. Masteron (40% binding affinty of test)
    4. Winny (30% binding affinity of test)
    5. Anavar (20% binding affinity of test)

With the exception of EQ (it is a very odd case with a special c=c bond), those are all DHT-Reduced drugs that have lower binding affinity to the androgen receptor. CONTRARY TO POPULAR GYM MYTH these drugs are not typically harsh on the hair follicle because they don't exert a strong binding effect on the receptors found in that tissue.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,780 Posts

Well I was going to say what Cashout said but he beat me to it. Lol j/k
    Great info Cashout ! now what can I take to get rid of back hair?

Thanks

I've not had to address that issue for myself so I've not actively researched it but let me look in to this and get back (hair) to you on that

Thanks
    Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    I've not had to address that issue for myself so I've not actively researched it but let me look in to this and get back (hair) to you on that
    Lol thanks Cashout!

Thanks

Thanks very much for this info - its helped to shape thoughts on my next cycle. I was planning test/deca/dbol, but it looks like swapping out for test/mast/anavar might be a better option. I've tried EQ before and it messes with my head - i got bad migraines almost every day while on it. My hair and i thank you all!!!

BTW, what type of dose of propecia is usually recommended? And should that dose be upped while on cycle?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 892 Posts

i agree with Cashout on this one totally,i got in touch with another experienced friend last night about this,and he pretty much said the same said the same thing,but that he has used finiastride with deca and had no problems with the deca not working,as hes on masteron as well,i for one may try this myself,because most of my hair on top is gone anyway lol,i just wanna see how it works for me,and im gonna use like .5mg/day,may not work,but the guy i trust i talked to,really knows his shit very well,and i wish he was on here

Thanks

1mg daily is fine. There is no apperciable difference in the percentage of 5-AR suppression between 1mg and 5mg. Approx 80% reduction in in the type 2 iso-enzyme @ 1mg and approx. 88% at the 5 mg does.

If you are getting it scripted to you as generic "Proscar" in a 5mg tablet. Cut it in to 4 pieces for a 1.25 mg daily does.

I'd suggest you got that route. It costs me $10 buck for 90 tablets at Walgreens and cut into 4 pieces per tab that last me 360 days or basically a whole year.

I've used it for the past 17 years and it is the only reason I've got a 20 year olds head of hair.

Thanks

I ordered a research version last night to give it a try. And the next time i see my doc i'll ask for a script. My hair has thinned in the last couple of years and id like to keep what i've got and see if i can get a little back. Its a race between it going gray or going away!! Gray i can deal with, bald - if i can put that one off i will.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 892 Posts

Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    1mg daily is fine. There is no apperciable difference in the percentage of 5-AR suppression between 1mg and 5mg. Approx 80% reduction in in the type 2 iso-enzyme @ 1mg and approx. 88% at the 5 mg does.

If you are getting it scripted to you as generic "Proscar" in a 5mg tablet. Cut it in to 4 pieces for a 1.25 mg daily does.

I'd suggest you got that route. It costs me $10 buck for 90 tablets at Walgreens and cut into 4 pieces per tab that last me 360 days or basically a whole year.

I've used it for the past 17 years and it is the only reason I've got a 20 year olds head of hair.
    thanks for the heads up cashout,im gonna go this route and go see my doc for sure,i would like to save what i have left

Thanks

Anyone know about Turinabol / TBol? Would that also be hair friendly while on propecia?