New to UG body building

Reaction score
As seen in the title im new to the forum, and thanks for having me. I'm a Marine vet of 8 years, father of 2 and after a 5 year hiatus from training im back in the fold. I lifted through junior year of high school up to end of my enlistment, took a year off and went hard again to 2015. Took time off due to a work injury and with kids getting older and rehabbing a knee i never got back to until just before covid. Here to learn what I can especially about dieting and seeing what other dads in my position do to eat clean and healthy constantly on the go. My knowledge is limited but willing to share anything I know or have learned. Thanks again

Reaction score
Welcome. I am fairly new here as well, but there is a wealth of knowledge, good guys, and gals. I have 2 younger kids and meal prepping is my best friend. I spend the time on Sundays to get everything ready as much as possible for the week ahead.

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response, Sundays are the typical days here but when we get home at 10pm from a weekend away at a softball tourney its tough to unpack, do laundry get to bed to be up at 430 for work. It sounds like an excuse but training on top of work gets me exhausted lol

Reaction score
Welcome! Dad of 2 here also. Mine are young teens now. I was having a tough time eating clean and having the time to meal prep, so I am trying a meal prep service right now. My calorie intake is so high right now I was eating too much fast food to fill in the gaps.

Glad you're here. Stick around. Let us know what your workouts/goals look like.

Reaction score
Welcome! Dad of 2 here also. Mine are young teens now. I was having a tough time eating clean and having the time to meal prep, so I am trying a meal prep service right now. My calorie intake is so high right now I was eating too much fast food to fill in the gaps.

Glad you're here. Stick around. Let us know what your workouts/goals look like.

How is that prep service working out for you? I certainly understand it’s hard to find the time to meal prep and have looked into this as well.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Life is tough and time consuming.
Thats where the word Dedication comes in to play.
If you want it and there is a will, then there is always a way! Sounds like you have your hands full..Lol but make sure you get your time in too. Stay fit, stay healthy stay active and stay younger longer..

Reaction score
How is that prep service working out for you? I certainly understand it’s hard to find the time to meal prep and have looked into this as well.

So far ok, I just started it using clean creations, but honestly it is for the most part bulk foods I'm getting that would be much cheaper to make myself if I could just set aside the time to do it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG.

Meal prep is just a habit that needs to be created and solidified.

East meal prep options are:

When you cook your normal meals, cook extra. That takes no extra time at all.

Crock pot. Can cook solid meals in those while you're out for the day, or overnight while you're slepoing. They have timers too, so no issue there. Stews, chili, pot roasts, slow cooked ribs. Easy peezy my friend.

Reaction score
Yes sir, I definitely get my time but it's only typically 4 times a week. My kids keep my going hard woth their sports (softball and baseball). My daughter plays travel here in Florida on an elite team and its 1, expensive 2, time consuming and 3 leaves me little time and money for my prep and supplements. Sometimes its even hard to make sure I have enough extra cash for protein lol. Thanks for the input and encouragement. People on the outside don't realize how far that little bit of encouragement goes. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks man, so quick question, what service and what do you pay for the meal prep monthly. I know it may differe from myself to you depending on the needs of the individually but avg monty cost with say 2 meals a day. Im pretty good about my meals at work of all places

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Once you get back in the groove everything will kinda fall into place if you want it to. I felt like there was never enough time for a while then things just settle in.

Reaction score
Yes sir, I definitely get my time but it's only typically 4 times a week. My kids keep my going hard woth their sports (softball and baseball). My daughter plays travel here in Florida on an elite team and its 1, expensive 2, time consuming and 3 leaves me little time and money for my prep and supplements. Sometimes its even hard to make sure I have enough extra cash for protein lol. Thanks for the input and encouragement. People on the outside don't realize how far that little bit of encouragement goes. Thanks

Uggghhhh.... good luck with trying to manage all this while having a kid playing travel ball. It might be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Thanks man, so quick question, what service and what do you pay for the meal prep monthly. I know it may differe from myself to you depending on the needs of the individually but avg monty cost with say 2 meals a day. Im pretty good about my meals at work of all places

Use the "reply with quote" button so people know who you're replying to.

I didn't shop around at all, just went to the first one someone told me about (clean creations) and it has only been a few weeks so far. I'm doing 1 meal a day with their bulk foods and trying out some of the higher calorie dishes every now and then. If I had to guess, I think I can do 1 meal a day this route for around $250/mo?

But I mostly get the bulk foods and make separate dishes with them using 8oz protein, 4oz rice, 4 oz vegetables.

Seems like fast food would cost close to the same. I could definitely do it cheaper cooking this stuff myself though.

Reaction score
Uggghhhh.... good luck with trying to manage all this while having a kid playing travel ball. It might be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Use the "reply with quote" button so people know who you're replying to.

I didn't shop around at all, just went to the first one someone told me about (clean creations) and it has only been a few weeks so far. I'm doing 1 meal a day with their bulk foods and trying out some of the higher calorie dishes every now and then. If I had to guess, I think I can do 1 meal a day this route for around $250/mo?

But I mostly get the bulk foods and make separate dishes with them using 8oz protein, 4oz rice, 4 oz vegetables.

Seems like fast food would cost close to the same. I could definitely do it cheaper cooking this stuff myself though.

Ok, I think I got it now, ok yeah idk if I can spend that currently. I will do all I can to meal prep at home with bulk foods. Thanks for the input!