6'3 170 and Hard Gainer What Is A Good But Safe Bulking Cycle To Start With?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new as you can tell but I am very tall and super lean 6'3 and only about 170 but I am pretty cut, I just really want to put on a lot of mass. My dream/goal is to be at 200 lbs and ripped.

I workout 4 days a week and go heavy but wanted to see what a safe but good cycle to help me add mass would be. I'm extreme ectomorph and have a really hard time adding mass like I want. Please advise thank you!

If you could let me know what exactly to take, how much, how often per week and how long should I do it for?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new as you can tell but I am very tall and super lean 6'3 and only about 170 but I am pretty cut, I just really want to put on a lot of mass. My dream/goal is to be at 200 lbs and ripped.

I workout 4 days a week and go heavy but wanted to see what a safe but good cycle to help me add mass would be. I'm extreme ectomorph and have a really hard time adding mass like I want. Please advise thank you!

If you could let me know what exactly to take, how much, how often per week and how long should I do it for?

U should take 6 meals a day and your ass to the gym at that weight. Those goals are obtainable without any drugs

Reaction score
I was reading your response and was like damn that's good advice...then I saw your profile photo and idk why it got me out loud...there's something funny about someone w that pic as their profile photo giving serious advice. I was thinking first I would try to get up to a 4k calorie diet per day for a few months then see if that can get me closer.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
I was reading your response and was like damn that's good advice...then I saw your profile photo and idk why it got me out loud...there's something funny about someone w that pic as their profile photo giving serious advice. I was thinking first I would try to get up to a 4k calorie diet per day for a few months then see if that can get me closer.

You will find it fairly common here lol.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score

Don't count calories, eat till you are sick. If your really a hard gainer then you need to eat, eat some more then eat again....when u cant eat any more, smoke a joint and eat some more....

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you count calories? I get the part if you're not gaining weight you should eat more . But if you know how much you need to gain weight than it's easier to build a decent meal plan.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
He should. More than likely he's one of those people who thinks that he eats plenty, but in actuality does not.

Maybe seeing the numbers in black and white will spark the change he really needs, food and training, not steroids.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground!
Start taking alot of food!

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would agree with CJ and say you need to count your calories to see it in black and white. You’d be surprised how hard it is to put away 3000 calories of a high protein, nutrient dense diet

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking too and it was a eye opener for me in the beginning in what I actually needed to eat to gain weight.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Ok, i guess i should have elaborated.

Anyone that trains for a physique should log your diet daily..... but i do not believe you should pay tons of attention to your calorie intake until you notice that your starting to fluff up.

Eat as much as u can, log all your food... but do not set a calorie goal, simply eat as much as u can. when u notice u are getting some fat accumulation. Then look at your log and pull back your calories from there. I dont believe counting calories on a bulk as a hardgainer is pertinent untill you see that your fluffing up, and even then you will probably cut easier than most and could benefit from the extra fat so it most likely isnt that important, just my opinion a a newer gym goer, u should keep it simple, its a long game, you have plenty of time to fine tune.

So my #1 place i would start is eat more.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Reaction score
I'm a hard-gainer...still am..these guys are right..I want to add that a basic knowledge of nutrition is a must...So,buy some books,search the net and learn..Most of us had to learn the hard way..meaning we wasted time and money..
Then make adjustments to your daily routine..what you eat and when..I bought some great books and made notes as I read..for example,I need to not only drink more water but distilled..
Then look at your training..Compound movements,the basic core exercises..how LONG your in the gym..hard gainers usually think they have to train harder..not so..Start with 1 hour..3-4 times a wk..
Lastly rest..if you're doing everything right but only getting 4 hrs of sleep...it won't come together..Always try to remember 3 equal parts
Nutrition
Training
Rest
Stick around..read the stickys,make some friends
Welcome

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. I echo my predecessors. I log my diet but not for calories. I log food intake, with supplement intake and workouts to determine how I feel with my workout progress vs. what i eat and take to modify how I make gains. Once you have stuck with a diet that has you eating plenty, then you can consider a cycle to complement your effort.

Reaction score
Welcome!

Tell us more about what your workout routine currently looks like, how long you have been trying to make gains, and what your calorie and protein intake has been looking like during this time.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Don't count calories, eat till you are sick. If your really a hard gainer then you need to eat, eat some more then eat again....when u cant eat any more, smoke a joint and eat some more....

I was very similar height and weight wise to op when I started and I tried very similar to your advice. The problem was I ended up eating a lot of what I have called before “normal human food” got insanely full and ended up only eating maybe 3 times a day cuz I was so full after every meal, and didn’t put on a lot of size. Then when I took the time to really learn about food, nutrition and what people looking to build muscle should be eating, I created a proper meal plan I followed religiously and then everything clicked and my physique really exploded.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Well the ball is in your court Brother..Lots of great informed and recommendations..How bad do you Want It?

Reaction score
Well the ball is in your court Brother..Lots of great informed and recommendations..How bad do you Want It?

Yes I understand what you meant, just eat until you can't anymore and I agree with what they're saying as well. Because it is true 3,000 calories is a lot more than you think. And counting the calories would be a good way to get me to make sure I hit the goal. I think 4,000 a day would be a good start for me, do that for a few weeks and maybe then try to go up from there. Thx everyone.

Reaction score
Yes I understand what you meant, just eat until you can't anymore and I agree with what they're saying as well. Because it is true 3,000 calories is a lot more than you think. And counting the calories would be a good way to get me to make sure I hit the goal. I think 4,000 a day would be a good start for me, do that for a few weeks and maybe then try to go up from there. Thx everyone.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Post up what your diet looks like. I can say i came to this board at 6ft 165 in April. Sunday I weighed in at 196.8. Is the weight all good weight, hell no. My waist has probably gained 1-2 inches, my pants are tighter causing me to have to fork out money for new ones. But I also know that I’m getting stronger and bigger in areas besides my gut. I went from eating fast food 3 times a day to eating chicken and rice twice, eggs and oatmeal once, and red meat and a sweet potato once with a protein shake with oats a banana and PB thrown in. If you do that for a couple months you will gain weight, I promise that as it happened to me and I was someone who thought I’d never weight 200lbs I’m life and this was using no drugs.

New Threads