6'3 170 and Hard Gainer What Is A Good But Safe Bulking Cycle To Start With?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I was very similar height and weight wise to op when I started and I tried very similar to your advice. The problem was I ended up eating a lot of what I have called before “normal human food” got insanely full and ended up only eating maybe 3 times a day cuz I was so full after every meal, and didn’t put on a lot of size. Then when I took the time to really learn about food, nutrition and what people looking to build muscle should be eating, I created a proper meal plan I followed religiously and then everything clicked and my physique really exploded.

^^^This right here.

I'm gaining weight much more easily this year vs last year, don't feel like a bloated whale, no gastric issues.

I attribute it to what I was eating then vs now. Last year was just heavy, dense food that sat in my stomach. But I learned which foods made me feel that way, and which didn't. It's a learning process.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Post up what your diet looks like. I can say i came to this board at 6ft 165 in April. Sunday I weighed in at 196.8. Is the weight all good weight, hell no. My waist has probably gained 1-2 inches, my pants are tighter causing me to have to fork out money for new ones. But I also know that I’m getting stronger and bigger in areas besides my gut. I went from eating fast food 3 times a day to eating chicken and rice twice, eggs and oatmeal once, and red meat and a sweet potato once with a protein shake with oats a banana and PB thrown in. If you do that for a couple months you will gain weight, I promise that as it happened to me and I was someone who thought I’d never weight 200lbs I’m life and this was using no drugs.

great freaking work man. That’s awesome. Most people don’t have the dedication to do what you did day in n day out. Hats off to you. Great example of what sticking to a meal plan does for you. Hopefully more will learn from this post.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
great freaking work man. That’s awesome. Most people don’t have the dedication to do what you did day in n day out. Hats off to you. Great example of what sticking to a meal plan does for you. Hopefully more will learn from this post.

Thanks Brock it means a lot. The only bad thing is I have no idea where the weight went and most people say they can’t tell a difference. I know the lbs are there, but I’m a long way from looking like the majority of people on this forum. I’m also still a weakling, but I’ll take what I can get for now and keep learning day in and day out.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks Brock it means a lot. The only bad thing is I have no idea where the weight went and most people say they can’t tell a difference. I know the lbs are there, but I’m a long way from looking like the majority of people on this forum. I’m also still a weakling, but I’ll take what I can get for now and keep learning day in and day out.

I usually feel that way too, when the time comes to diet down it will show. Ask yourself if you have gotten considerably stronger in the gym. If so you must have built muscle. If you haven’t then I would evaluate the training, figure out why and change things up.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Right now your nutrition is more important than your workout and especially gear. Listen to what the fellas have said. Work on your meals & track the cals for a bit. I know it’s a PITA but very important. I’d suggest MyFitnessPal.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
No doubt. I don't think I have met anyone that is really a hard gainer. It is usually something like start lifting, lunch goes from 300 calories of Chinese food to 250 calories of a protein shake and banana then not understand why nothing is happening. I think so often skinny guys eat junk but not that much then clean up the diet and end up eating even less calories overall.

He should. More than likely he's one of those people who thinks that he eats plenty, but in actuality does not.

Maybe seeing the numbers in black and white will spark the change he really needs, food and training, not steroids.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need a fork brother

Not the needle. Gain 25 lb n repost

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No doubt. I don't think I have met anyone that is really a hard gainer. It is usually something like start lifting, lunch goes from 300 calories of Chinese food to 250 calories of a protein shake and banana then not understand why nothing is happening. I think so often skinny guys eat junk but not that much then clean up the diet and end up eating even less calories overall.

Ummmm, what strange world do you live in where people only eat 300 Cals of Chinese food? Unless you forgot a 0, in that case disregard. :32 (20):

New Threads