Usps tracking

Reaction score
I have a question. Someone told me that if I track my package too much, it will flag it. Is this true? Can usps even see how many times or who tracks what?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Technically speaking they could do a count and identify your IP address. Do they flag you if you hit a certain threshold? No.

lfod14

Reaction score
I have a question. Someone told me that if I track my package too much, it will flag it. Is this true? Can usps even see how many times or who tracks what?

Highly unlikely since many different things are constantly updating tracking info and on the back end they're doing the same thing, but at any rate you should be behind a VPN and simply not track something too much. You know when it's coming when you track it the first time. A couple follow ups aren't going to cause an issue as everybody always does that. Whether their tracking their tracking requests is unknown, it's most likely not useful information to them but there's absolutely a record of IP addresses that access the website. Whether they're actually looking at them or not is unknown. The gov't isnt into extra work... or work at all so most likely not.

Reaction score
Thanks lfod. I appreciate your input. You make a great argument.

Reaction score
I usually just sign up for text alerts if it is something real important. You'll get a text every time tracking is updated.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Guess I am guilty of having OCD. The odds of your pack attracting attention from the USPS are tiny, but they do exist. If your source was already being watched before he or the boards community knew anything about it, the packs he sends out could be tracked by LE, as could any of the recipients. They would be after him, not you, but collecting some small fish customers' testimonies might help their case against him. Same idea if a USPS forklift runs over some otherwise well-packed stuff at the processing center, or if the big USPS truck out on the highway, or the small USPS truck in your neighborhood, gets in a "totaled" accident.

Hope this puts your mind at ease ... it's why I always have things sent to my mother's house and in her name. They probably won't go as hard on her as they would on me :)

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So wouldn't tracking by using a VPN make it even more suspicious?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never use USPS to track a package, there are 3rd party tracking sites that you can use that wont show ones IP address....USPS sometimes wont allow some VPNs to work on their site. In addition be patient and you will never need to use the tracking feature on USPS, I only use it if after a few weeks if I didnt get what I ordered....

Reaction score
Never use USPS to track a package, there are 3rd party tracking sites that you can use that wont show ones IP address....USPS sometimes wont allow some VPNs to work on their site. In addition be patient and you will never need to use the tracking feature on USPS, I only use it if after a few weeks if I didnt get what I ordered....

that’s a good point. The reason I trip about it, is that I live in an apartment building and my neighbors are mosey AF. I have security cameras all over but I like to be here when it comes. I have to sign for it anyone. Mailman’s a dick and won’t leave it even if I put that in the notes
btw what’s a good 3rd party? I appreciate your input too.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1) Invest in a PO Box, like get one today....

2) https://www.trackingmore.com/usps-tracking.html

that’s a good point. The reason I trip about it, is that I live in an apartment building and my neighbors are mosey AF. I have security cameras all over but I like to be here when it comes. I have to sign for it anyone. Mailman’s a dick and won’t leave it even if I put that in the notes
btw what’s a good 3rd party? I appreciate your input too.

Miamiking

Reaction score

tracking using TOR (and possibly a VPN but I doubt it) may set off flags. That is as much as I know about that. If I had to guess they would already have to be watching you or the other person , but I have no evidence of this, it's just my feeling. However, do not ever use TOR and get on the USPS website, just track normally.

Reaction score
Thanks bros. I appreciate this info. Noted & I’ll fix it.

Reaction score
If that was true they'd flag every package I have coming from overseas. I check daily to see if it made it through customs.

Slic.

DOOM

Reaction score
Has anyone here or anyone any of you guys know ever been arrested and prosecuted for a controlled delivery?

I have yet to find anyone in my 10 years on AAS forums!

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Yes... and it was not me. But than again... I've been on the boards for over 20yrs (back in the good 'ol days).

DOOM

Reaction score
Yes... and it was not me. But than again... I've been on the boards for over 20yrs (back in the good 'ol days).
Do you remember if it was random or a bad package job, someone with priors? Was it for personal use or did it involve raws?

Some people are even dumb enough to re ship to the same address after receiving a seizure letter.

Seems like a lot of variables could come into play but overall a rare occurrence.

New Threads