Today I start deadlifting any pointers?

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
My buddy sent me some videos this one seems like it explains it pretty clearly and easily.

Today is the day I start this shit and i’m mentally and physically ready to start this mission. I’m actually pretty pumped about it. Any extra pointers from anyone?

I’m not going to go all crazy i’m going to start slow maybe warm up and do 2 plates on each side i just wanna start getting the technique down and work my way up.

Reaction score
All I can say is that I love doing it, and it looks easy, but is like the most complicated thing to get perfect form on in lifting that I have seen so far. Hope you enjoy your journey!

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
All I can say is that I love doing it, and it looks easy, but is like the most complicated thing to get perfect form on in lifting that I have seen so far. Hope you enjoy your journey!

lol does not look easy at all especially with bad knees and back but its something I feel needs to be done. I will look like a big sissy for a while lol but oh well.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Get your form right,
Before attempting to do alot of weight!
Form is more important than pounds!
Good luck!

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
If you have days where your knees are acting up, you can swap to pin pulls for those days.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Get your form right,
Before attempting to do alot of weight!
Form is more important than pounds!
Good luck!

Yeah not looking to do bug weight anytime soon like I said my big ass is going to be in there with people laughing at me

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Take it easy tomorrow, you’re gonna hate life.

Reactions: Jin

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Also, checkout the deadlift critique thread.

(Powerlifting Technique)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
When are you going to start squatting?

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
When are you going to start squatting?

for the birds. You really only need hip thrusts and Hindu squats. There’s books all about it. Those dudes are a jacked 165!!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Don’t rush it. You will need at least 225 to get the right feel for technique. At least how I was taught, if you let go of the bar in the start position you should fall backwards.

Keep the bar close to your shins. Meaning wear long socks and drag the bar up your shins

find a high point on the wall and look at that to keep your head up.

guys tend to want to shrug the weight during the lift. Don’t do that. It’s the hardest part for me.

be smooth.

that’s all I got.

also don’t rush the weight increase. I went from zero deadlifting to 5 sets of ten with 285 in about 4 weeks. The tendons in my hip did not like that at all. Maybe the squats had something to do with that as well. I changed up my squat form a bit as well at the same time. I couldn’t even squat the bar properly by week 5 due to pain and inflammation. Stupid tendons

edit: you don’t plan on competing and have access to a hex bar... I believe it’s the better way to deadlift.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I would need to work on my shoulder mobility can’t seem to be able to grab the bar good for squats

Heading to the gym now lol thanks for all the advice and i’ll post a video so you guys can get a good laugh before bed time lol

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
SMH second gym second one people doing deadlifts guess i’ll wait

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Remember: always lift in a jerking, twisting motion....see video.

Thanks man i’ll get right on that.

This shit is harder then I thought feel like i have to reset every time i’m putting it down

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Yeah not looking to do bug weight anytime soon like I said my big ass is going to be in there with people laughing at me

Fux them!!!
Never been one to go to the gym
To impress anyone or make friends!
Yet always cordial and polite to all!

New Threads