Best VPN in your opinion

Reaction score
With so many choices for VPN services, which have you found to be the best and why?

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
I’ve been using Proton VPN and have found it excellent. I’m not a cybersecurity guy, so I don’t know how much better it is than others, but they say it’s head and shoulders above others From what I’ve ready regarding that aspect.

Reaction score
I’ve been using Proton VPN and have found it excellent. I’m not a cybersecurity guy, so I don’t know how much better it is than others, but they say it’s head and shoulders above others From what I’ve ready regarding that aspect.

Thank you, I will look into them. I don't know much about them..nor what to look for in one so the advice is appreciated.

Miamiking

Reaction score
Offshore no log Vpns but most are crap. Panama a good county to get in

Reaction score
Offshore no log Vpns but most are crap. Panama a good county to get in

Most of them you can select what country server to connect to, and most are offshore. So are you saying to connect to the server in Panama is the best option? If most are crap then who do you recommend?

Miamiking

Reaction score
Most of them you can select what country server to connect to, and most are offshore. So are you saying to connect to the server in Panama is the best option? If most are crap then who do you recommend?

It's about the laws in the particular country where the VPN resides, Panama is known for not being cooperative with US on privacy issues, but some years back I know some things changed as far as the SEC was concerned (regarding offshore bank accounts), but I believe they are still good for VPN purposes. You want a VPN located in a safe country such as Panama and one that does not keep server logs so there is nothing there is no evidence. Many claim they are safe and are not. I have been researching myself and will update when I find one I feel is the best choice for this time. Security guys usually rent an anonymous VPS server from an offshore discreet hosting company then setup their own VPN through that VPS server. Obviously this is very technically involved so let me see what I can find here in the next few days and I will update.

To add to this, depending on how serious you are about your privacy, you want to have multiple layers of protection. So an example is using something like ProxyGambit (or just going to a public wifi place yourself) THEN connecting to your VPN on top of that. On top of that using encrypted email with PGP is crucial. RUnning off a linux USB (a Live OS) while your doing this is ideal but like I said I know we're getting very technical here so I will look into more simple solutions. You should have one laptop or PC just for your privacy required uses and keep your day to day regular stuff on a totally separate machine.

Last edited:

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use Private Internet Access. May have to investigate alternatives.

Good post, Miamiking.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never use a free VPN, you get what you pay for....

Miamiking

Reaction score
The thing with the protection a VPN provides is that you really won't know if it was any good until it is too late. Best to understand what makes a VPN good, who might be watching and what methods they most frequently use to entrap people. Providing solid anonymity from the eyes of the spook agencies is actually a bit of a challenge. But like I said OFFSHORE VPNs (look up countries that are non DCMA compliant with US) and keep no logs.

New Threads