Want Popeye forearms, currently have olive oil arms

Reaction score
Has anyone here done anything that significantly improved their forearm size?

I have really small wrists and forearms. I've been doing wrist curls and reverse wrist curls with my arm workouts, but it hasn't had a huge impact. I've probably added 1/2" in size to them over the past year.

Blacktail

Reaction score
I use one of the things you squeeze (can’t remember what they are called) when I’m driving. I have definitely seen an increase in size from that. Works great for me.

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Single arm jerks haven’t helped.

My forearms aren’t big enough to offer expert advice, but baseball players swear by the trick of placing a weight at the end of a rope and twisting it around a pipe like revving a motorcycle. IDK what they’re called.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score

My forearms aren’t big enough to offer expert advice, but baseball players swear by the trick of placing a weight at the end of a rope and twisting it around a pipe like revving a motorcycle. IDK what they’re called.

Idk what that's called either, but I do it from time to time.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I use one of the things you squeeze (can’t remember what they are called) when I’m driving. I have definitely seen an increase in size from that. Works great for me.

Heavy grips or captains of crush likely

You can also train grip by filling protein jugs with water, grip the lid with your fingers and do static holds, can also stick your hand inside extend your fingers, lift and hold. When the water is too light fill them with sand.

Also recommend using a fat bar for deads and rows and never use straps

Reaction score

I do single arm jerks a lot, but no bueno.

That wrist roller thing, yeah we have one at my gym, but I feel like it is the same motion as wrist curls.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I always called it the Forearm Roller. Up then down, then up and down again the oppsite way. Burns like a mo'fo.

Also try hammer curls, hits the brachioradiallis. Crosses the elbow joint, so it plays a role in elbow flexion, it's a prime mover when the biceps is at active insufficiency like during hammer curls.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^ What CJ Said ^^

Weight plate tied to a rope tied to a rolling pin (I'm sure there's better tech today).

Roll it up, then roll it back down. Popeye forearms ensue.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zottman curls make my forearms burn like hell. Since no one else has mentioned it I will. If you want forearms like Popeye you better be pounding down the spinach

Reaction score
Zottman curls make my forearms burn like hell. Since no one else has mentioned it I will. If you want forearms like Popeye you better be pounding down the spinach

Oh this looks like a good one. I see people doing it at the gym sometimes. Had to Google it though.

Milf in this video:

DOOM

Reaction score
Weighted hammer grip pull ups and hammer curls with hammer curl bar.

Reaction score
In high school the kid with the freakiest forearms did the rope tied to a broom stick then tied to a weight all the time. I think something of larger diameter would be a more efficient workout but his were disproportionately massive.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
PM Hulksmash. He’ll set you straight.

Reactions: CJ

Merlin

Reaction score
Ditch the straps like they said. Also masturbate more. i also used the roller with a weight and rope. Shit burns like hell and works well.

Reaction score

They are called wrist rollers. I can't post a link yet, but type into YouTube "wrist roller forearm exercise" and there is a quick 40 sec video that will demonstrate them. Farmer walks are good and practical in real life...like carrying your groceries. Also try to mix it up with some reverse wrist curls.

Finger exercisers will work as well. I know you can pick them up at REI or a place like it. Used to help build grip for rock climbing.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Ditch the straps like they said. Also masturbate more. i also used the roller with a weight and rope. Shit burns like hell and works well.

Merlin beat me to it. See the McConaughey part on Wolf. How much do you jerk off? Get rid of those rookie numbers.

Seriously. An outisde the gym thing. Buy a 20oz Estwing hammer, a couple boxes of 16 penny nails, a few 4x4-8 and drive nails.

For me the weight rolling thing is an ergonomic nightmare referred to as dishrag. I have to be careful with my wrists so it isn't good for me.

New Threads