What makes you lift?

Hooba

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, Have you ever been at the gym and just looked in the mirror and asked yourself why we lift weights, pick it up, put it down? What were you thinking when you picked up the weights for the first time and got hooked? Why did you decide to stay natty or hop on gear? What is your end goal?

I love lifting and when I get to the gym I get in a mode and just hammer through things but there are times I wonder why I beat the hell out of myself if that makes sense?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I was small and weak and looked 15...now im mediocre but damn it feels good!! I hopped on AAS cuz I just wanted to...didn't need it was making good gains on trt

Hooba

Reaction score
I lift to give me a few hours away from my wife
There are days I wish I could get my wife to go to the gym with me but she can get uncomfortable quick with how some of the other women dress so she prefer not go

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I find it difficult to stop my wife eating fried chicken 24/7’[

QUOTE=SerialHooba;645137]There are days I wish I could get my wife to go to the gym with me but she can get uncomfortable quick with how some of the other women dress so she prefer not go[/QUOTE]

Blacktail

Reaction score
Because it pain feels good and the outcome is worth the pain.

Reaction score
I feel like I'm in my own world when I lift, and I can leave any stress at the entrance to the gym and just vibe

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Love for the lifestyle!
I grew up in this!

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Seven years ago I saw a picture of myself on a paddle-board that was a bit of a wake up call. I wasn't obese just on the verge of going from skinny-fat to chubby. So originally hit the gym to "lose weight", which I did - about 45lbs (small potatoes compared to some around here). Then I got into lifting and it's been that way since. Originally, it was out of general self-loathing now I lift because it's stress relief, part of my routine, makes me happy, and is meditative for me. General goals now are keep getting bigger, healthier, and look decent naked.

Reaction score
Seven years ago I saw a picture of myself on a paddle-board that was a bit of a wake up call. I wasn't obese just on the verge of going from skinny-fat to chubby. So originally hit the gym to "lose weight", which I did - about 45lbs (small potatoes compared to some around here). Then I got into lifting and it's been that way since. Originally, it was out of general self-loathing now I lift because it's stress relief, part of my routine, makes me happy, and is meditative for me. General goals now are keep getting bigger, healthier, and look decent naked.
I took a road trip to Washington state and my brother took a pic of me. I saw the pic later on and couldn't believe how bad I was. I stepped on a scale, 305. I truly had no idea. It never slowed me down, so I thought. I immediately joined a gym and dropped to 210. Then I was hooked. Since then I've floated from 185 to 285 at 6'4. But ill never be that fat **** in that pic again.

Hooba

Reaction score
Mine was a similar issue after viewing a photo of myself. I had a form of cancer that needed chemo, well I was the type of person that gained a pile of weight while on Chemo. I was pushing close to 280lbs all fat, no muscle just felt like death. There were times where I had wished the cancer had just ended me because of the way I looked after treatments were done. I decided to hop in the gym and do something about it before I became more depressed and did something stupid. Now after losing 60+ lbs I still look in the mirror and see a new me but if I look long enough I can still see that overly obese fella staring back so I just use it to stay focused.

Hooba

Reaction score
I like it when people stare.

I don’t like losing my temper.

Lifting is key for both.

100% love this! People looking back at you because that's the way they want to look and be able to lift. I like being a role model and keeping my cool as well. Guess I never thought of it like that as well. I had different reasons but yours can definitely be added to my reasons

New Threads