What makes you lift?

Reaction score
Originally for body composition after, and to aid in weight loss. I’ve chased strength a little through the years, but the biggest reason I lift these days is for health, and because if I don’t have some form of physical outlet my mental health starts to decline. It’s strange how doing something so physical can be the greatest aid in keeping me sane and happy.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Gives a feeling of power. Gives you more awareness and control over your body, which contributes to the feeling of power. Also looking good means people treat you better, and give you more opportunities whenever there's any to be given. Improves your psychology, such as increasing your confidence and belief in your ability to success in other areas of life. Increases mental clarity. Overall I would say that to have an optimal life, you absolutely must have a physical fitness regime.
The above are a few of the reasons I work out.
AND AM TRYING TO GET A SOURCE TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER

hard_gains

Reaction score
To look good, to feel good, and to be good. I was always f*** up on one thing or another. Just wanted to be numb all the time. Lucky something just clicked. The gym makes me feel great. I need to feel sore need to feel the pump. Frustration stays in check. And turns the old lady on or maybe she is just making sure I have zero need to look anywhere else. Either way win win. :32 (3):

Reaction score
Well when I was 18 I was 120lbs, back then I would've been happy to gain 20lbs of fat...but no matter how much I ate I was always 120lbs....a year or 2 of dedicated lifting and I was at 140, still a lightweight, but I was pretty strong to a non lifter....now I'm just getting back into weights, still 140lbs, so I'm hoping to gain size but also in it for my mental health just as much this go around

New Threads