Gotta get back to life!

Kraken

Reaction score
Hi All...

I'm in my mid 50s, so I'm getting old and really hate it. Not that long ago I was into biking and running and I'm a very poor swimmer, but I want to work on that. Six years ago I got divorced, and a little over two my daughter finished school, got her dream job and moved. So I was able to focus on that stuff and also sailing and then... Covid. Shut it all down. Poor excuse, I know, but I sat around and now I'm pulling out of that funk. I used to swat a few times per week, hopefully the gym will reopen soon. I hate the cold!

So back to live for me. I'll follow all your stories and take inspiration!

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome Kraken.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Swatting?

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

DOOM

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground!

Big Mikey

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm 58. I've been out of the gym since 2017 owing to my hip joints going to hell in a handbasket. I've since had two hip replacements. Unfortunately COVID came around right when I was out of the hospital from the second surgery. I've had to do quite a bit of rehab then work on my own to restore my biomechanics to optimal mobility to lift heavy ass weights again, particularly squats & deadlifts. My metal hip joints aren't the problem. How twisted my pelvis & lumbar spine got from being disabled combined with scar tissue from the surgeries has been the bane to work through. I'm still at it & will be until I get vaccinated for COVID.
For your dilemma I'd advise starting an at home program with body weight & bands. Your average person can accomplish quite a bit with an at home program with little more than some bands & a place to do push ups. Work on your flexibility & mobility daily as well. Owing to your age this is going to be crucial when you start lifting. Us old bros don't bounce right back like we used to. We need a lot of limbering up to prevent being screwed up. That's no joke.

Reactions: Jin

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB.

Kraken

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome!

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome bro, older fella myself.

Kraken

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm 58. I've been out of the gym since 2017 owing to my hip joints going to hell in a handbasket. I've since had two hip replacements. Unfortunately COVID came around right when I was out of the hospital from the second surgery. I've had to do quite a bit of rehab then work on my own to restore my biomechanics to optimal mobility to lift heavy ass weights again, particularly squats & deadlifts. My metal hip joints aren't the problem. How twisted my pelvis & lumbar spine got from being disabled combined with scar tissue from the surgeries has been the bane to work through. I'm still at it & will be until I get vaccinated for COVID.
For your dilemma I'd advise starting an at home program with body weight & bands. Your average person can accomplish quite a bit with an at home program with little more than some bands & a place to do push ups. Work on your flexibility & mobility daily as well. Owing to your age this is going to be crucial when you start lifting. Us old bros don't bounce right back like we used to. We need a lot of limbering up to prevent being screwed up. That's no joke.

I guess I have been lucky, no serious injuries, certainly nothing like that! Good luck!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the S.S.U.G.!

New Threads