Forum No-No’s

Reaction score
Since I am new to this forum, and I see a lot of other new members, I think this would be helpful not only to myself, but all.

Every forum and its members are different. Besides the general rules, what are your no-no’s you can’t stand to see new members make.

The general ones I have gained from the past are:

Going straight to source talk
Padding posts (either welcoming new members as one yourself or useless post/threads)
Not writing in paragraphs (hard to read on phones)
Spamming
Going off topic/hijacking a thread
Reviving old threads
Presenting your opinions as facts
ALL CAPS or excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!!
Posting the same thing in multiple areas
Not searching before asking
Bro science

What else is on your no-no list?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Good list, though I'd argue those that search before asking may find themselves reviving old threads (...which I don't have a problem with unless it's for post whoring)

Reaction score
Good list, though I'd argue those that search before asking may find themselves reviving old threads (...which I don't have a problem with unless it's for post whoring)

Understandable. I guess what I am meaning is that most questions have probably already been answered (at least from what can tell so far). Instead of reviving it, start a new thread and ask any additional questions that may have not been answered, what you already know, and maybe a little background on why you are asking those questions.

Last edited:

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Being disrespectful.

One that is not a board No No but imo should be,
Would be politics.
The discussion of politics is only going to piss off approximately 50% of the other members. Then when the other side chimes in,, the other 50% will most likely be pissed off. Resulting in about 100% of the board being pissed. So why would we allow ourselves to do that.
Imo save it for other social media outlets.
Maybe this could just be an unspoken board rule.

How did I do on the paragraph rule, I'm sure I busted that one....

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
How did I do on the paragraph rule, I'm sure I busted that one....

Your paragraphs are perfect in the eyes of the British grammar so just pretend you're one of us. :32 (17):

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
No curling in the squat rack

^^^ This. :32 (18):

OP I'll let some of the guys who have been here longer answer you. I'll just say it's a fuking class move on your part to post this. Good on ye mate!

Reaction score
No curling in the squat rack

^^^ This. :32 (18):

OP I'll let some of the guys who have been here longer answer you. I'll just say it's a fuking class move on your part to post this. Good on ye mate!

I think people should have to take a gym etiquette course before stepping foot inside! So much drove me nuts...part of the reason I made my home gym.

Also, thanks DEADlifter.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think people should have to take a gym etiquette course before stepping foot inside! So much drove me nuts...part of the reason I made my home gym.

Also, thanks DEADlifter.

What erks me the most and has to be the worst is some jack off sitting there inbetween sets on his cellphone. Sometimes for a solid 5 to 10 min in-between.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
as a green member or someone that hasent used any steroids before dont abbreviate, for example

gear deca roids var winny mast (test is ok) slin pin etc

Reaction score
What erks me the most and has to be the worst is some jack off sitting there inbetween sets on his cellphone. Sometimes for a solid 5 to 10 min in-between.

So glad I train at home now. I can sit on here between sets guilt free

Charger69

Reaction score

It won’t last that long with me. I politely go up and ask if I can work in. I have never had anyone say no before. I have noticed that on a few occasions they get pissed off but they let me in or leave.
I go to the gym to workout not talk or text and I want to get out as soon as possible. As long as you talk with respect, there is limited aggression in return.
In reality I would like to be strangling them. LOL

DOOM

Reaction score
Is this about forum no no’s or gym pet peeves? Seems like a little of both.

It’s seems like there is awful lot of complaining in my short time at ugbb. Hopefully it just because of the Covid situation and the election year. It get it! Your gym shutdown, sucks! Move on or kidnap your governor.

My gym pet peeve. Fools that try too deadlift in the adjustable bench and free weight section..Fuk outta here with that shit! Olympic bar, plates mats all over the place. Smh!!

Last edited:

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
as a green member or someone that hasent used any steroids before dont abbreviate, for example

Var, deca, winny, mast, drol, dbol, tbol...all of those are just drugs. Test is the only one of those words that, when abbreviated, is another word that could cause confusion. Lol

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So glad I train at home now. I can sit on here between sets guilt free

Yes, thank you for working out at home straight30 and sparing us. You couldn't even set your phone down to take your avatar picture....Lol

BrotherIron

Reaction score
A HUGE NO NO and will get me throwing a 25lbs plate at you is walking in front of someone when they are performing heavy squats or deadlifts. You may be wondering, what do I do???... you ****ing sit there until the set is done ( be it a single, double, or triple ).

Reaction score

John,

This is very interesting. I have not heard this one before. Would you mind elaborating on the reason?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Var, deca, winny, mast, drol, dbol, tbol...all of those are just drugs. Test is the only one of those words that, when abbreviated, is another word that could cause confusion. Lol

How'd the test go today?

Got an A+!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Your paragraphs are perfect in the eyes of the British grammar so just pretend you're one of us. :32 (17):

I'd rather be French. :32 (20):

New Threads