Redcon1

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend their protein or MRE options? I know real food is the best, but their MRE stuff looks like it’s pretty decent ingredients. I know the price is high, but I’ve saw some threads about them having BOGO sales, and being military I would get 25% off every order. Opinions?

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Are you after MRE specifically with animal protein?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recommend their protein or MRE options? I know real food is the best, but their MRE stuff looks like it’s pretty decent ingredients. I know the price is high, but I’ve saw some threads about them having BOGO sales, and being military I would get 25% off every order. Opinions?

I'm a huge fan. I use their MRE Lite in cooking and it's great. I also take some of their MRE Bars when ingot into the field

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never tried beef protein powders.
I use plenty of others though.
Is there a specific reason why you want to use beef?

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
I've never tried beef protein powders.
I use plenty of others though.
Is there a specific reason why you want to use beef?

No reason in particular. Just from looking at the calories I think it would help me overall with calories. Yes I know I could easily hit caloric needs with real foods, but with sometimes life gets in the way or the kids are all over you and you just need something simple and easy. Since most on here say MASS gainers are crap, I figure this would be a better alternative. Of course with me being probably the least genetically gifted person on here, that’s why I asked for others input.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gainers are crap. They are just low grade whey. And cheap carbs and they charge you a fortune for maybe a 14 serving container.
I just make my own, better quality for a lot less.
You could buy a high quality whey and buy a decent quality carbohydrate powder and mix them together at your own ratio.
Pre bag them and take them with you.
You're right. Busy schedules don't always allow us to eat the way that we need to. Thats one reason why I preach utilizing protein powders in between meals.
Never in place of a meal that you can eat but always drink one when time won't allow you to eat or drink them in-between to keep your daily protein up.

lfod14

Reaction score
I have MRE Lite in the rotation, it's good for getting in some protein that's not dairy but it is overpriced typically. Me and diary have a complicated relationship but if you want to go with quality protein you can get some 5lb tubs of good quality grass fed whey for less than 2lbs of MRE! Problem (for me) is the super clean minimal ingredient whey's don't have a lot of flavor and I like to eat them more than I do to drink them. 1st world problems......