Infection vs pip

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Those of us who pin for trt pin enough that odds are pretty good that at some point w’ll have either excruciating pip or an infection. I have this beautiful infection on my thigh at the moment so I will list the ways infections are different than run of the mill pip.

- Both hurt the day after the injection. Pip Starts to feel better; infections start to feel worse.
- Stretching and massage relieves pop; it irritates infectious
- Infections are red, painful, and increase in size until treated.

If you have an infection and so-so insurance it can be diagnosed and you can get prescribed antibiotics via telemedicine. I use LiveHealth Online for $50.

Hope this post is never applicable to any of you, but if it is catch it early and get it treated soon. Here is a pic of what an infection may look like.

https://ibb.co/thTRX5z

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Still haven't flexed that quad...

BrotherIron

Reaction score
They also are warm to the touch and cause you to have a fever.

I don't believe that pinning for the purposes of TRT will ever cause an infection as long as you use new, clean pinz and sterilize the area before. Also, TRT doses are quite small so the amount of volume wouldn't even cause a sterile abscess.

DOOM

Reaction score
Don’t forget hematoma’s!1EE4BB70-CFF1-4952-9EDD-3E76B2F61B29.jpg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thought the title said “infection vs PP”.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
So far I've not had an infection. I get pip mostly when I pin lats but quads are generally good to go

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
been infected top half of my right glute hurt like hell 2 hrs of antibiotic drip,(doc didnt want to hit my other cheek with Rocphen ) he thought it would be torcherous

DOOM

Reaction score
Just thought hematoma’s should be included. They look like a infection but there not. It’s caused by internal bleeding in the muscle. The pip was excruciating!

Reaction score
Just thought hematoma’s should be included. They look like a infection but there not. It’s caused by internal bleeding in the muscle. The pip was excruciating!

Ahh one time when I first started TRT - I should say after I started pinning the glute instead of quad - I asked my wife to help me and she pinned my glute with the drawing pin... 18g and at the wrong angle - 1.5" deep and tore through all the muscle on the way there LOL... That was no fun. BTW DOOM you and I live in the same state. Not sure how far away from Aurora you are, but maybe we could chat over PM sometime if you feel like it. Weather sucks right now ;)

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
No infection and not much PIP, but I’ve only pinned felts. Seems like the best place for me as it’s painless and simple. Sure, eventually I might hit quads, but kinda scared after I’ve read some horror stories.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
No infection and not much PIP, but I’ve only pinned felts. Seems like the best place for me as it’s painless and simple. Sure, eventually I might hit quads, but kinda scared after I’ve read some horror stories.
...i've never been able to pin a delt without passing a vein and squirting blood across the room

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I have some winstrol that has some pip and some test 500 that has lots of pip... never had an infection. Other than dnp giving me a fungal rash on my dick to the point that poor ****er was bloody raw.. that was an embarrassing doctor's visit. Actually 3 visits. Tried it 2 other times a year later and same damn rash on my dick and hand popped up within the first day. Can't do the dnp no more

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I had what I thought was an infection, all the symptoms were present but about 10 days later it completely went away on its own without any meds
unless my body was able to fight it off without help.

but it def hurt felt hot as hell, hard and felt like my muscle had been cut down the middle

Gabriel

Reaction score
I've seen a reaction to the carrier oil..ugly..
This is becoming more and more of a thing now that all kind of oils are being used..