Trips of a lifetime

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What have you done?

What plans do you have?

I’ve walked the Camino de Santiago in Spain. That was an experience of a lifetime and I will walk it again someday.

I am planning on driving the Pan American highway sometime in my life. Alaska to Chilé/Argentina. Hopefully with my friend I made while walking the Camino. He and his girl have already visited us here in Japan (they’re Spanish).

Would also like to drive Sydney to Perth through the outback.

I think it looks amazing to sail around the world but I just don’t think that’s for me.

I’d like to explore Africa too. We were supposed to go this year. Thanks a lot COVID.

I want three weeks to eat my way through Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Reaction score
Well ours have all had to be kid-friendly, so keep that in mind. So far our favorites were an Alaskan cruise, and Yellowstone/Grand Teton. Iceland is next on our to do list.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Petra, Grand Canyon, pyramids, travelled Malaysia and Philippines. Drove up Mount Tiede just star gaze. Went to Thailand to get blown by a lady boy. They just few off top of my head, would like to go back to thailand though for some mango with rice and to see a Buddhist temple

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
The wife and are travelers. Like to travel to hunt and to also vacation. Been all over the US and Canada.
Overseas to hunt or vacation we have been to great places like New Zealand, Scotland, Austria, Germany, Iceland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Italy and Paris. I regret none of our trips, they were eye opening and a blast.

2020 was our Africa trip but it got cancelled and we are able to keep our deposit out till 2022. So I believe it will happen if things ever calm down

Lots of wonderful vivid memories from our little trips stuck in my head.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
What have you done?

What plans do you have?

I’ve walked the Camino de Santiago in Spain. That was an experience of a lifetime and I will walk it again someday.

I am planning on driving the Pan American highway sometime in my life. Alaska to Chilé/Argentina. Hopefully with my friend I made while walking the Camino. He and his girl have already visited us here in Japan (they’re Spanish).

Would also like to drive Sydney to Perth through the outback.

I think it looks amazing to sail around the world but I just don’t think that’s for me.

I’d like to explore Africa too. We were supposed to go this year. Thanks a lot COVID.

I want three weeks to eat my way through Italy, Greece and Turkey.

I feel like i need to work less and travel more now...

Gabriel

Reaction score
Different post...Thanks Jin
Used to have plans of hiking again in Zion,and going to Yellowstone,Wind River Range,even Glacier National Park...even had plans to get in a cage..in South Africa to see a Great White..but plans I had will have to wait now..But what I have seen and done I will always cherish.. there's just never enough time.. didn't mean add a sour note,just wanted to say I wouldn't have changed a thing..

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I've taken a chunk out of the Berlin wall. I've been to NYC, Niagara Falls all up and down the east coast. I've never been west of Texas.

My wife and I plan to do an AirBNB in Big Sur or somewhere in northern Cali. We are going to Manaus next summer if covid will chill out. I want to see Stonehenge. I want to go to Nazare Protugal and watch those psychos surf that swell.

To echo Jin's response

charcuterie board in Venice

cevapi and fried akawi in Sarajevo

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I fukking love reading all of this - we’ve got some well traveled brothers.

TRUMP: how was Petra? I DEFINITELY want to go.

I’ve made a bunch of cross-North America drives (pretty quick - usually only 4 days or less from coast so coast —- LA >< Wilmington, LA><Montreal, etc) — and the landscape has so many cool things to see on the road.

I’ve done Canada, the UK, Germany, Prague, Croatia, Austria, France, and Bosnia.

Gotta say - I know it’s weird, but I’d wanted to go since I was a kid... but when I was working in Croatia we made a 5 hour drive to spend the weekend in Sarajevo — and the Bosnian countryside was some of the most beautiful land I’d ever seen. Completely untouched, serene, and vibrant!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Petra stank and was full of poor people, pretty much like the pyramids.

Reaction score
Been to 41 countries in total and traveled to 35 of em in the last 2 years. Not always been able to do or see much in all of the countries because of the short stays, but good thing is that I usually travel more than once to most countries.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Plan on going to London sometime next year. Haven't been abroad in years due to school, work, and life. When I'm done with this degree I plan on taking the Eurorail for a week or 2 and hit up 7 cities (spending 2 days in each city).