Post cycle Back acne

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
So i got bad back acne recently. It all started when i finished my first test C cycle and cut down to a 120mg/ week trt dose.
I’m back on cycle again (500mg test, 300mg NPP / week) but still have the bacne.
The doctor prescribed me doxycilin for a month but that didn’t work.
I have a referral to the dermatologist but won’t be able to make it to see them til January.
I suspect that I’m just not airing out my back enough since I’m at work all day, sweaty.
Should I just go tanning in the tanning bed?
Some ppl say whey protein causes acne.
Thoughts?

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
So i got bad back acne recently. It all started when i finished my first test C cycle and cut down to a 120mg/ week trt dose.
I’m back on cycle again (500mg test, 300mg NPP / week) but still have the bacne.
The doctor prescribed me doxycilin for a month but that didn’t work.
I have a referral to the dermatologist but won’t be able to make it to see them til January.
I suspect that I’m just not airing out my back enough since I’m at work all day, sweaty.
Should I just go tanning in the tanning bed?
Some ppl say whey protein causes acne.
Thoughts?

hey dude -

I had really crappy acne my entire life. Into my 30s - it was embarrassing. Tried everything.

I started getting bacne about a year ago in the spring on a TRT dose. My prolactin and E2 were a little high but not for the sheer volume of acne that came up - it seriously covered my whole back out of nowhere. Was terrifying.

I tried tetracycline when I was younger with no dice and it is bad in your teeth. I may have tried doxcy too but no dice.

I did find some accutane through one of my sources and it made every difference in the world. Within a few weeks the acne was gone, my pores changed, my hair got lighter (because of reduced oil) - everything.

I don’t think you can get a legit script for it anymore and it is HARSH, but what I’ve read is one good six month run of it every ten years and it’ll keep you set.

Totally love tanning too and that was my go-to, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve see. Some consequences to it :32 (11):

oh - if you don’t have one - I’d also recommend a back scrubber.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me when I backed off to TRT dose this past time. I was doing one dose a week and it fukked me up with acne. Split into 2 doses and it stabilized. The damage was done at that point though. Benzoyl peroxide wash with a brush twice daily and it'll clear up with time.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
When I get it, it only clears up IN TIME when I go back to trt dose. If I start back up again on androgens too soon, before it clears, it doesn't clear. 200mg weekly was still too much, had to go down to ~150 mg/week, split into 2 doses.

I'm talking months to completely go away.

Also, I've noticed as I'm getting deeper and deeper into AAS use, that the acne is lessening with each cycle.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to get acne even at a trt dose. Tanning did help dry it up, but it was temporary. I tried every kind of soap ect.... the only thing that worked was accutane. I do have a log of it here somewhere. If you go this route you should be aware of the very harsh side effects. It’s not some you should go into uninformed.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me when I backed off to TRT dose this past time. I was doing one dose a week and it fukked me up with acne. Split into 2 doses and it stabilized. The damage was done at that point though. Benzoyl peroxide wash with a brush twice daily and it'll clear up with time.
Yes i also use benzoyl peroxide body wash twice daily

lfod14

Reaction score
Grab some salycilic acid body wash, and a loofah with a handle, 3x daily wash that shit! Grab a tube of Differin it's available OTC, it's a Rentinoid (you can also use Tretinoin) and have somebody put it on your back once a day, be cheap it's expensive. That'll kill it. Whenever I crank my test up I get bacne, I usually get the cyctic kind that leaves marks, wanna attack that shit fast. If your gym has a sauna get at least 10min of sweating out in that thing each session. The tanning thing does SLIGHTLY help, but not half as much as the other stuff, and you can't tan everyday or you'll look like in idiot.

Reaction score
I used to get acne even at a trt dose. Tanning did help dry it up, but it was temporary. I tried every kind of soap ect.... the only thing that worked was accutane. I do have a log of it here somewhere. If you go this route you should be aware of the very harsh side effects. It’s not some you should go into uninformed.

Same here. Tanning did help but Accutane is the only thing that really did anything.

Horrible shit, I don't think id ever use it again.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
in my past experience

would catch a slight case backnce due to the onset of a steroid cycle

not saying this will work for all just how I stopped it from happening to me.

am using irish spring bar soap (which seems to be very strong, drying and rinses squeeky clean)

and this scrubber cloth that is abrasive really scrubs all that oil and loose skin off.

View attachment 10973

this paragraph pretty much sums up.a pimple and how acne gets its self going

View attachment 10974

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Also, I've noticed as I'm getting deeper and deeper into AAS use, that the acne is lessening with each cycle.

Woo hoo....there you go then ;^ )
I've got it really bad right now. Seems like it appeared overnight and what's weird is it seemed to happen immediately after starting Aromasin near the end of a cycle.

Last edited:

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Don’t mean the hijack but it’s related... what do you guys do for the scars? Acne calmed down but have tons of little reddish brownish dots that look horrible when your light skinned.

Reaction score
Man I have really struggled with it also. Nothing worked except accutane for mine, but I never truly finished an accutane cycle because the sides I seem to get are too bad. I just got off accutane for a second time, and I managed to do about 4 months of it. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to just stay pimply on cycle for a while and deal with it, maybe adjust some hormone doses like some have mentioned in this thread. The cool thing about accutane is that it kind of fixes your skin long term. Downside is the side effects.

So I would try all of the solutions mentioned from the easiest cheapest first, then only do accutane as a last ditch worst case scenario if nothing else works.

Sickman

Paragon
Reaction score
I had bad acne in highschool and did accutane while they were still prescribing it regularly. The side effects were shitty, but it definitely cleared up my acne. Being on this cycle is the first time I've had acne since highschool. It flared up really bad about 6 weeks into my cycle, but it's kind of leveled off. I use salicylic acid wipes twice a day, that definitely helped it. It was mainly on my shoulders, back, and some on my chest.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I had bad acne in highschool and did accutane while they were still prescribing it regularly. The side effects were shitty, but it definitely cleared up my acne. Being on this cycle is the first time I've had acne since highschool. It flared up really bad about 6 weeks into my cycle, but it's kind of leveled off. I use salicylic acid wipes twice a day, that definitely helped it. It was mainly on my shoulders, back, and some on my chest.
the salicylic wipes didn’t work for me