Fat loss edge - T3 vs Telmisartan vs ???

Kraken

Reaction score
I'm 56yo, male, healthy and my BP runs a tad low at about 110 / 70. Normally I stay pretty active running and biking but when covid started I got lazy, stopped going to the closed gym, and gained about 20 pounds. It didn't help that my scale broke. Anyhow, I now have a new scale, and while the gym is still closed I'm hoping it reopens soon. I'm doing bodyweight squats, pushups and so on at home and getting my calories and macros back under control, a big component pf which is less wine. Ah, the sacrifices we make!

So, being an old and now fat fart, I'm trying to find a little edge. I have used DNP in the past with great success but its hard to find now so I'm looking for something else. I know clen is pretty harsh, and albutal not very effective. I'm not sure I want to do the EC / primatene / bronkaid route. So I'm considering stuff like T3 or Telmisartan or the like. I'm also unclear about the difference between T3 and T4.

Suggestions? Thanks guys!

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most definitely stick to the DNP. I'm just about done with my second 14 day run and am down almost 20lbs and a vast majority of that was fat, I was on a caloric deficit.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Nothing touches DNP+Diet+Exercise you get these right and the fat will fall off before your eyes.

lfod14

Reaction score
What kind of doses do you run? I’ve played with that idea a lot and heard a lot that in sane doses it’s not the hell people say it is, but do you still have energy to hit the gym while on it? I was thinking T3 myself to keep the metabolism up while I’m a deficit as I’ve slowed mine down before, but also that in 25mcg doses you’re not getting the results people typically associate with T3.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
At 200-250mg per day I would say next to no sides and no change in gym performance. At 400-500mg in a cold climate it’s very bearable and only a dip in performance going into your 2nd week. Things totally change if your In a hot climate

What kind of doses do you run? I’ve played with that idea a lot and heard a lot that in sane doses it’s not the hell people say it is, but do you still have energy to hit the gym while on it? I was thinking T3 myself to keep the metabolism up while I’m a deficit as I’ve slowed mine down before, but also that in 25mcg doses you’re not getting the results people typically associate with T3.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was running 200mg ed and the only sides were the night sweats and felt warm after meals that contained a decent amount of carbs

Kraken

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is an awesome board, people actually suggesting DNP as opposed to "it will cook you" and "it's poison" blah blah blah. Then again, I do have experience with it and captures all the data about how well it worked. And it is the right time of year...

Kraken

Reaction score
About DNP, how well does it work the second time? I have read not so well. I even ran across a post by Dinatro somewhere that explained it does not work so well the second time around, although he is long gone he still, at the time, was the go to expert. Have you guys had equally good results the second time?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
the more fat you have to lose the better it works so if your lower in body fat the second time then it won’t work as good

About DNP, how well does it work the second time? I have read not so well. I even ran across a post by Dinatro somewhere that explained it does not work so well the second time around, although he is long gone he still, at the time, was the go to expert. Have you guys had equally good results the second time?

Kraken

Reaction score
the more fat you have to lose the better it works so if your lower in body fat the second time then it won’t work as good

Makes sense.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is an awesome board, people actually suggesting DNP as opposed to "it will cook you" and "it's poison" blah blah blah. Then again, I do have experience with it and captures all the data about how well it worked. And it is the right time of year...

It still must be respected as if you went crazy on it you can still die but when used responsibly and in moderation you should be good

Kraken

Reaction score
It still must be respected as if you went crazy on it you can still die but when used responsibly and in moderation you should be good

Oh yeah I understand. Last time I kept careful track of everything, and I understand the (supposed) 36 hour half life causes it to build in days to a concentration beyond the dosage. If I do it I'll get my pineapple and PowerAde Zero ready...

Kraken

Reaction score
But what about the other compounds, are they not even worth considering?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I know most will go w DNP,
But I had great results w T3 running it 2wks on 2wks off in the summer!
Had me sweating my balls off! Dropped a lot of bf!

Kraken

Reaction score
I know most will go w DNP,
But I had great results w T3 running it 2wks on 2wks off in the summer!
Had me sweating my balls off! Dropped a lot of bf!

What dosage? Were there sides beyond the sweating?

Thanks!

Sicwun88

Reaction score
What dosage? Were there sides beyond the sweating?

Thanks!

25mcg I believe no other sides, a lil appetite curbing, but nothing serious!
I've read post where guys swore they lost muscle size while on T3?
I didn't experience any of tht!

Reaction score
25mcg I believe no other sides, a lil appetite curbing, but nothing serious!
I've read post where guys swore they lost muscle size while on T3?
I didn't experience any of tht!
25mcg is basically a replacement dose of T3, so you wouldn't see any muscle wasting. The guys that see muscle wasting usually are running much higher than that, are doing it without anabolics to help retain muscle, or are eating in too steep of a deficit and lose muscle that way.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
25mcg is basically a replacement dose of T3, so you wouldn't see any muscle wasting. The guys that see muscle wasting usually are running much higher than that, are doing it without anabolics to help retain muscle, or are eating in too steep of a deficit and lose muscle that way.

Sorry wrong dose,
I was taking 25mg daily, 2wks on,
2wks off!

New Threads