Gym peeves

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
Post them up ............

Guys using their cellphone or chatting with their training partners instead of lifting while you're waiting for a machine or a bench irritate me :->

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
same thing or similar

probably my number one pet peeve

I hate people who sit on machines and take them up without doing sets

Z

Zeek

Curling in the squat rack kills me!!

Usually some guy with life savers on each side of the olympic bar taking up the whole damn area. If we had more than 1 squat rack i would not care but man. I always run them off from there!! Time to go...

Z

Zeek

same thing or similar

probably my number one pet peeve

I hate people who sit on machines and take them up without doing sets

It isn't nice for people to sit on the hat and coat racks IMO either ;)

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The random BS shit in the squat rack and people who are too lazy to rack their weight.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All that...

Plus when I see trainers having clueless people do ridiculous looking, ineffective exercises. 2 days ago I was watching a trainer have a guy do an exercise where he sat on a bosu ball, had one hand on a cable and a dumbbell in the other hand and he was like alternating pressing both hands back and forth. Me and another serious lifter who was in the room both looked at it, then looked at each other, and without saying a word I could just tell that he was as disgusted as I was. Some of these trainers, I don't know where they get their ideas from, but they shouldn't be training people.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how bout d-bags that rock like 4 sets of DB's at a time like they need an ocean of dumb bells around them to get it in! share the wealth fuck heads lol I dont miss the gym one bit

Cashout

Reaction score
People who do not respect "personal space" when training.

There is no reason for someone to be right on top of me when I'm training.

Again, that is why I built a gym in my home. I never have to deal with this type of stuff these days...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is really only two things I can't stand...

1. Poor personal hygeine. There is no reason to smell like ass. I sweat and work hard in the gym. But I shower daily and where deodorant.

2. Bodybuilders that use the monolift. They're idiots. Half squats if that and they fuckin walk it out. Go use the god damn cage or something if you're gonna walk it out. Get the fuck out of my monolift. I don't want to walk out anything over 4 bills...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hot chick putting her water bottle on the bench & not using it...for fuck sake put it on the floor bitch!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
guys who hoard the lower weights, people with shit form, people that think they are BB when my arms 10x more developed, people that take a 5 min rest between each set, AND people that seem to think they doen't need deodorant when its' very clear that they do!

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People who have to yell when not even lifting heavy weight. People who do not re-rack their weights. Gym rules that I can wear toe shoes but cannot deadlift barefoot or in my socks. People using multiple machines at once. People who do the same body part day in and day out. One guy without fail will always be doing chest when I go to the gym. Mon-fri, Ive never seen him lift any other bodypart.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally I can't stand people siting on machines resting, people not racking dumbells, people trying to talk to me while im working out, leaving water bottles on the floor, on the equipment and old fat guys with no dicks trying to talk to me in the locker room while I'm getting dressed....basically other people in general.

I only go to the gym because I enjoy watching fat girls in tight clothing doing jumping and jiggling movements.

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. sitting on the equiptment and sliding there freaking finger on the freaking cell phone. When you come to the gym, come to TRAIN!!!! Not to text or whatever it is they do. I have no prob. telling someone to get out of my way. I even stepped on a new eye phone once. I loved it..

2. If your strong enough to put the weights on then be strong enough to take them off. I have chased people many of times out into the parking lot to tell them to come back in a un rack the weight. I welcome the day someone tells me no. It will be a bloody freaking mess!

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow actually forgot, i think i dislike this even more than people hogging machines is people who stand in from of the dumbell racks and make you practically pull a muscle trying to put your weights back.

Curling in the squat rack kills me!!

Usually some guy with life savers on each side of the olympic bar taking up the whole damn area. If we had more than 1 squat rack i would not care but man. I always run them off from there!! Time to go...

noobmuscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How about those guys that come in every day and train on the flat bench followed by some bicep curls.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People who leave a water bottle as a sign they own the machine and then they walk away...Lucky I dont pee in that bottle

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guy where I work out is a complete asshole.

Reaction score
Too many to list. I don't have a home gym. (Yet) And I refuse to drive 25min to get to a gym (I know for you city-dwellers 25min may seem short.) Getting ready to try another gym next week.

Curls in the squat rack are number one. I think people just annoy me in general so I'm used to overlooking a lot of "stupid".

New Threads