COVID-19 Took a Toll on Physical and Mental Health

Hinderluck

Lady Member
Reaction score
All of us here I think are strong enough to fight the virus but we can be affected nonetheless. I think it's also unlikely that this could affect us mentally as people here are positive about it. However, I was wondering if anyone dealt with mental health issues during the lockdowns. How did it affect your fitness goals?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Think again my friend as you have NO idea what this bug will do to your body. I'm a month in on December 19, and I still have a lingering cough that no prescription has managed to get under control. Albuterol, tussinex, antibiotics, steroids, etc. have done JACK to stop this stupid cough.

Don't even get me started on the fatigue that I have been experiencing either. 12 hours of sleep with many hours of napping is the norm these days. I started feeling bad on November 19th, and I have yet to make it through a day without napping, which is unusual for me. While my body may have been in decent shape before COVID, what this virus did to it is worse than anything I have ever experienced.

Also, good luck mentally with 14 days of 101 to 102 fever, chills, and that worse than any migraine you have ever experienced headache in the first week if your symptoms are anything like mine. Even I was starting to get concerned that this may be the end for me as I have never experienced fever that would not break for 14 days straight in my entire life.

So to wrap it up, my experience was like a migraine, stomach bug, fever, sinus infection, and bronchitis ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I lost 10 pounds in the first week because I couldn't eat due to being nauseated.

Prior to actually getting COVID-19, it was business as usual for me. I made a little less money than I usually do, but I was still getting by. After catching it, holy shit, I would recommend avoiding catching this with every known method to prevent it.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Been lucky enough to avoid it. My engagement didn't survive the lockdown. Just found out a friend is in ICU about 10 min ago. Yea, been tough and shts not over yet.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Scary for sure

I have so many close friends who got it
Some no symptoms at all
A couple bad flue like symptoms for a few days.
My good friends dad.. 72 with SEVERE asthmatic issues since birth. He had covid 3 weeks ago. ZERO symptoms.

My point. It's scary when and how this thing chooses to attack someone's immune system and organs

Reaction score
The beginning of lockdown was pretty stressful and I got a little depressed. I have been fine since though.

I do want to share my experience with the Moderna vaccine though, because I got in the phase 3 trial. Many people said I was stupid or crazy for doing it, but I believe in the science behind it, and I trust vaccines way more than I trust what Coronavirus would do to me.

Shortly after the second shot, I got a fever and some flu like symptoms. It was very uncomfortable. I was worried I might have caught covid and got tested for covid and flu the next day out of an abundance of caution. The doctor at the study did tell me that it was probably just a reaction to the vaccine. The symptoms mostly went away on the second day, but I was still a little fatigued for a few days after.

A week later, I got antibody tested on my own, and tested positive for antibodies.

I'm glad I went the vaccine route. I don't regret the decision. Only problem is we really don't know how long it lasts as of now.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I'm glad I went the vaccine route. I don't regret the decision. Only problem is we really don't know how long it lasts as of now.

Kind of like my natural immunity for having Covid... My doctor said I could be ok for as little as 5 weeks or as much as 3 months... He also said if I caught it again, I may test positive and have zero symptoms or it could kill me. JOY!

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Ive had one close person get a severe case of covid, but at least my family is healthy through this.
The lock down and coming winter has gotten me down in the dumps. But for a week Ive stopped using things like games or tv, been trying to do useful things with my time. Ive got to start getting ready for college.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don’t know anyone that got it or died . Just a lot of fear I see

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know several that got it but just one that was serious. My 80 yo grandmother got it and had no symptoms. It hasn't directly affected me but my wife, who has a diagnosed anxiety disorder, had issues with it. Normally she likes to be at home and not really out in the public but with a lot of the restrictions it caused her anxiety to go ape shit because now she didn't even have the choice to go out.

How it has effected me has been that I have had to get tested frequently and that $hit sucks, not as bad as some with COVID though. I have been tested right at 20 times since the testing has gone mainstream and it is no fun.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Just tested positive for COVID myself. Having mild symptoms. Mainly started with chills and body aching last night. Went and got tested today and result was positive. Was hoping to make it though this month and January as I’d be getting the vaccine in February from my Guard unit. Oh well, I hope I have just a mild case, but it’s still about to cause to miss a few days In the gym.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just tested positive for COVID myself. Having mild symptoms. Mainly started with chills and body aching last night. Went and got tested today and result was positive. Was hoping to make it though this month and January as I’d be getting the vaccine in February from my Guard unit. Oh well, I hope I have just a mild case, but it’s still about to cause to miss a few days In the gym.

keep us posted. Good luck.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Just getting over it. Mine like bigbadjedi93 said, then fever and a bad cough. Lost 10lbs and that part sucks! Should be going back to work after 14 days off on Sunday.
the funny thing about it is I don’t know a single person who has it except myself! My family has not got it, or at least has zero symptoms. Strange as hell this virus is.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Just getting over it. Mine like bigbadjedi93 said, then fever and a bad cough. Lost 10lbs and that part sucks! Should be going back to work after 14 days off on Sunday.
the funny thing about it is I don’t know a single person who has it except myself! My family has not got it, or at least has zero symptoms. Strange as hell this virus is.

Did you ever lose your sense of taste or smell? I work with lots of people who have had it that all happened to them. None of that yet for me, but I imagine this is only like day 2 or 3 for me.

Blacktail

Reaction score
No that is what’s strange, that from what I have been told is the most common symptom.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
No that is what’s strange, that from what I have been told is the most common symptom.

Did you lose weight from lack of appetite or just no energy to eat at all, lack of gym or what? My diet may be shit for the next week, but going to try and keep cals up so I don’t dwindle back to nothing again

Blacktail

Reaction score
Did you lose weight from lack of appetite or just no energy to eat at all, lack of gym or what? My diet may be shit for the next week, but going to try and keep cals up so I don’t dwindle back to nothing again
No appetite at all. Drank water like normal but ate a muffin of two a day for 10 days. Also zero activity and for me that will make me lose weight.
im sure if I would have eaten it would not have been as bad.

Hinderluck

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks for all your responses.

Oh boy, I am sorry I didn't know it could be this bad. Thank goodness I asked. I mean, I thought it was overrated and all the fear and anxiety are unnecessary but hearing it from you guys. I have to do everything to avoid the virus at all cost.

Get well to those who've been infected. Keep safe and thank you all for enlightening me.

Think again my friend as you have NO idea what this bug will do to your body. I'm a month in on December 19, and I still have a lingering cough that no prescription has managed to get under control. Albuterol, tussinex, antibiotics, steroids, etc. have done JACK to stop this stupid cough.

Don't even get me started on the fatigue that I have been experiencing either. 12 hours of sleep with many hours of napping is the norm these days. I started feeling bad on November 19th, and I have yet to make it through a day without napping, which is unusual for me. While my body may have been in decent shape before COVID, what this virus did to it is worse than anything I have ever experienced.

Also, good luck mentally with 14 days of 101 to 102 fever, chills, and that worse than any migraine you have ever experienced headache in the first week if your symptoms are anything like mine. Even I was starting to get concerned that this may be the end for me as I have never experienced fever that would not break for 14 days straight in my entire life.

So to wrap it up, my experience was like a migraine, stomach bug, fever, sinus infection, and bronchitis ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I lost 10 pounds in the first week because I couldn't eat due to being nauseated.

Prior to actually getting COVID-19, it was business as usual for me. I made a little less money than I usually do, but I was still getting by. After catching it, holy shit, I would recommend avoiding catching this with every known method to prevent it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I swear I had it too, but I didn't lose taste or smell either. I had many of the other symptoms though.

My nose swab on day 2 came back negative, but I was sick for 4 weeks on the button. Who's sick for 4 weeks???

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Did you ever lose your sense of taste or smell? I work with lots of people who have had it that all happened to them. None of that yet for me, but I imagine this is only like day 2 or 3 for me.

My spouse and I first thought it was a sinus infection and we got over it in like 4 days or so. I had the punies the first day and felt a little lethargic (but workout at my home gym/second gym shutdown). My spouse test like a month and a half later and was (-) for virus but (+) for AB; so I guess we both had it but knocked it with colloidal silver, Japanese acupressure, and spicy food. I lost a little weight but appetite is back and eating at every chance I get hungry on gear. A positive attitude helped.

Last edited:

New Threads