First Upper and Lower split

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
04/04
Day 2

Leg press 3x10
190kg (6 reps) PR, 170kg (8 reps) 170kg (10 reps)

Smith machine squat 3x10
Warm up bar, 30kg (10 reps), (10 reps) 35kg (10 reps)

Leg extensions 3x10-15
50kg (10 reps) (10 reps) (11 reps)

Leg curls 3x6-10 (position 1)
40kg (10 reps) (7 reps) (8 reps)

Smith calf raise
50kg (18 reps) 60kg (13 reps) PR, 60kg (15 reps) PR.

Barbell Concentration curls
10kg (13 reps), (9 reps) (7 reps)

CGBP 10/8/6+
40kg (10 reps) (8 reps) (11 reps)

Cross trainer Intensity 5
4 minutes

cross trainer kept telling me my heartrate was too fast. Fat shaming me how rude, I went to the gym on Easter Sunday damn it leave me in peace
:32 (15):

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
Woke up with big arm doms today. Apparently barbell concentration curls are what I need. Only 10kg as well and I’m feeling wrecked (in a good way) it’s nice. I was doing very careful form I know that helps.

weird because I Maxed out leg press yesterday at 190kg and my legs aren’t too achey. More so my calves than my quads from the heavier raises.

this proves I need to focus more on form and slowing down my speed than weight. I have always done weights like I’m in a Zumba class. I know it’s wrong Iv slowed down a lot.

no use maxing out a machine if I’m not using the muscles properly.
Next couple of weeks I will go slightly lighter on some exercises to focus on perfect form and speed (I have a bad habit of rushing the return rep) especially leg press I intend to try and get a deeper ROM.

Reactions: Jin

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
06/04
Day 1 upper

Incline bench (smith) 10/8/6+
Warm up bar, 55kg (10 reps), (8 reps) (7 reps)

Machine Row 10/8/6+
85kg (10 reps) (8 reps) (7 reps)

Pull down 10/8/6+
65kg (8 reps), (8 reps), (7 reps)

Chest press 10/8/6+
65kg (10 reps) (7 reps) (6 reps)

Shoulder press 12/10/8+
20kg (12 reps) (8 reps) (9 reps)

Hammer curls dumbbell 12/10/8+
14kg (12 reps), (8 reps), (7 reps)

Overhead tricep extension.
15kg (15 reps) (11 reps) 10kg (13 reps) (8 reps)

111.2kg

Arms
Left 40 15.7”
Right 40.5 15.9”

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
Really tired and can’t be bothered with the gym today. I’m going to be pissed if I get there and the smith machines aren’t free.
One has been broken for over two weeks now. Iv seen lots of members talking to each other complaining about it, there’s only 3 as it is. If they are busy today I might just have to make a scene with the rude ignorant staff.

am I being a Karen complaining about this? I have 3 things to do on a smith machine today. If it’s not available I’m ****ed.

Last edited:

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Really tired and can’t be bothered with the gym today. I’m going to be pissed if I get there and the smith machines aren’t free.
One has been broken for over two weeks now. Iv seen lots of members talking to each other complaining about it, there’s only 3 as it is. If they are busy today I might just have to make a scene with the rude ignorant staff.

am I being a Karen complaining about this? I have 3 things to do on a smith machine today. If it’s not available I’m ****ed.

If it were me I would just lower the weight a bit and muscle through it with free weights.

Probably better for stabilizer muscles anyway! :)

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
If it were me I would just lower the weight a bit and muscle through it with free weights.

Probably better for stabilizer muscles anyway! :)

It’s definitely better but being fairly heavy it’s hard on the knees. I feel more comfortable knowing I can stop at any time. I actually took out squats and then came back to them so slow and steady for now. Luckily I got the smith machine so I didn’t have to be a moany bitch

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
08/04

04/04
Day 2

Leg press 3x10 (strict, slower and full ROM)
Warm up 100kg (10 reps), 120kg (10 reps) 130kg (10 reps) 140kg (10 reps)

Smith machine squat 3x10
Warm up bar, 35kg (10 reps), (10 reps) 40kg (10 reps)

Leg extensions 3x10-15 (slow reps)
30kg (18 reps) (13 reps) (11 reps)

Leg curls 3x6-10 (position 1) (slow reps)
35kg (9 reps) (8 reps) (8 reps)

Smith calf raise
60kg (16 reps) 65kg PR (14 reps) (13 reps)

Barbell Concentration curls (preacher?)
Warm up bar, 10kg (14 reps) (9 reps) (10 reps)

CGBP 10/8/6+
37.5kg (10 reps), (8 reps) (8 reps) (10 reps)

Cross trainer

110.7kg

worked on doing everything slower and more carefully. Definitely hit my legs harder that way. When I say slower I actually mean more like a normal speed Iv always rushed reps especially when I’m adding weight.

Also what the hell Is with the concentration curls? Just 10kg is wrecking me. I guess it’s because it’s strict and there’s no way I can cheat or do it wrong. It’s good anyway I wish it was all that simple

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
12/04

Upper 12/04

Incline bench press (no smith)
Warm up bar, 25kg (10 reps) (8 reps) (8 reps)

Low row machine 10/8/6+
85kg (10 reps), (8 reps) (8 reps)

Vertical traction machine 10/8/6+
70kg (9 reps), (8 reps fail) (6 reps fail)

Chest press 10/8/6+
70kg (10 reps) (6 reps) (5 reps)

Shoulder press 12/10/8+
20kg (10 reps) (7 reps) (7 reps fail)

Hammer curls dumbbell 12/10/8+
14kg (12 reps), (9 reps), (8 reps fail)

Overhead tricep cable
20kg (10 reps), 10kg (12 reps), (8 reps) (8 reps)

weight 110.3kg (I go through phases where I’m just sick of food I get so bored of eating)

I took the weekend off because 1. I was busy and 2. I still have this mild pain in my side that I only feel when I lie down or lift a little heavy. I’m pretty sure it’s just a pulled muscle from deadlifts, but I’m trying to go carefully for now because if I get injured I am going to struggle to go back. I haven’t gone to the doctors because it’s quite mild. Just enough to make me worry a little.

quite a few fails today but I went up in weight for a few machine lifts almost up to my max with the new rep plan. Anything I failed I will do the same weight until I get it.

And when I do non smith bench it uses my shoulders far more. I can’t lift half the weight on that, it’s a slap to the ego but probably better for me in the long run. (Smith machines were full as always. Literally one had a gym bunny on it using a dumbbell as a tripod for instagram the whole time I was at the gym. Hot for you guys maybe but I just wanted to slap her)

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I was considering getting a smith machine as an investment. I can score one for $50 that I know of.

I dont have space for stuff I wont use though. I might be able to just tear out the washer and druer and shove it in there.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
I was considering getting a smith machine as an investment. I can score one for $50 that I know of.

I dont have space for stuff I wont use though. I might be able to just tear out the washer and druer and shove it in there.

I like it because I can lift heavier. And I feel like it’s hard to do things wrong because the movements fixed. But most guys here hate them. Because they don’t use stabilizer muscles? I think that’s why anyway. It’s true that my shoulders get worked so much better without the smith.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I like it because I can lift heavier. And I feel like it’s hard to do things wrong because the movements fixed. But most guys here hate them. Because they don’t use stabilizer muscles? I think that’s why anyway. It’s true that my shoulders get worked so much better without the smith.

Smith Machines are great. Just another tool.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
13/04

Today I did an unintentional workout of finishing my home gym at my family house on the edge of town.

it was a bit of a nightmare. The rack for the dumbbells was in pieces and not only were there no simple tools to put it together (we spent 900 euros I don’t think a stupid tiny wrench is too much to ask for) but the metal was also bent making it impossible to easily put it together. We actually had to physically bend the metal with pliers to fix it.

so yeah I might have to call this one of my workouts for this week had to carry in all the dumbbells in boxes too. this is great news anyway once Iv unpacked all the dumbbells I basically have a decent finished gym I can use all summer when I’m getting tanned and lazing around the pool. (You are always pool ready if you own the pool)

some pictures of my home gym and the traumas of today here.

https://ibb.co/6HFrQ03
https://ibb.co/tbCWhJD
https://ibb.co/mh6PhGq
https://ibb.co/k5GgGLR
https://ibb.co/0YBVSQH
https://ibb.co/r7hfVMR
https://ibb.co/6Y6vNBx
https://ibb.co/Gv2n93P

im super happy with the dumbbells because they are 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 all individual. Then I have a bench and rack and a multi functional gym machine. The only other thing I might need is more plates but they are hard to get right now.

it will never be complete as the normal gym but over the summer I think it will be a great excuse to just blast my arms constantly and try and get some growth when I can’t get access to the normal gym (it’s roasting here In the summer gym is torture anyway) I might even get in more workouts without idiots annoying me and being on my own in peace.

New Threads