CDC says non-white people get the vaccine first

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It is true that minorities for some reason are 3 times more impacted by the virus than anyone else. This has been widely known for months now

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It is true that minorities for some reason are 3 times more impacted by the virus than anyone else. This has been widely known for months now

Isn't this more job related though, and just a correlation to skin color?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories aside, you vaccinate the most at risk populations first. Pure, simple unbiased science.

Are you also upset that old people and first responders will get the vaccine before you do?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Job related? I dunno. Does it matter? There still dying far more than anyone else

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories aside, you vaccinate the most at risk populations first. Pure, simple unbiased science.

Are you also upset that old people and first responders will get the vaccine before you do?

I can make a case that it could be better to vaccinate people who are actually out in the population before the elderly living in facilities.

The elderly in homes, if the staff are vaccinated, aren't at much risk, so those doses of vaccine could prevent more cases if given to younger people mingling throughout the general population.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
correlation is not causation, most minorities live in core urban/ cities. Cities are well know as the hotspots of the virus. The suburbs and rural areas are majority white, and they have far fewer cases.

I dont think the virus is racist, I think it spreads like a wild fire in cities. The white population is spread out in suburban, urban, and rural areas. And a majority of minorities live in dense urban areas. It makes complete sense

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

could be. But considering the urgency i think its acceptable to use correlation rather than more accurate causation to determine order.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Job related? I dunno. Does it matter? There still dying far more than anyone else

I'm only saying that people at high risk, regardless of skin color, should get it first.

I'm not being racist, I promise.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score

No I have no opposition to that, the under 65 survival rate is 99.9%. I should be the last to get the vaccine. But I dont think it should be used as a political tool to make minorities vote democrat.

Minorities seem to get it more, but they also mostly live in cities where more people get it.

The white population is distributed across the country in urban,suburban, and rural places. So our net percentage will be lower.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
correlation is not causation, most minorities live in core urban/ cities. Cities are well know as the hotspots of the virus. The suburbs and rural areas are majority white, and they have far fewer cases.

I dont think the virus is racist, I think it spreads like a wild fire in cities. The white population is spread out in suburban, urban, and rural areas. And a majority of minorities live in dense urban areas. It makes complete sense

No one is saying the virus is racist. Lol but the conspiracy cracks are making a big deal out of it. The most vulnerable should get it 1st.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I can make a case that it could be better to vaccinate people who are actually out in the population before the elderly living in facilities.

The elderly in homes, if the staff are vaccinated, aren't at much risk, so those doses of vaccine could prevent more cases if given to younger people mingling throughout the general population.

Sure, you could make that argument. But it would be a rare showing of faulty logic on your end:)

The risk of death/complications is exponentially higher with elderly. Even if the chance is low they should be vaccinated first.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Mehhhh, what does it matter, we don't get a say anyway. :32 (20):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sure, you could make that argument. But it would be a rare showing of faulty logic on your end:)

The risk of death/complications is exponentially higher with elderly. Even if the chance is low they should be vaccinated first.

Someone crunch the numbers!!!! :32 (20):