Longtime lurker

mediocre1645

Reaction score
Unfortunately the forums I used to frequent (lurk, mostly) have gone offline, so I figure I should get involved with a forum that seems legit enough and around long enough that it's unlikely to be taken down :)

I was a fairly competitive powerlifter for quite a while in my 30's, got to 1800 lb total at 220-242. Had some injuries, had some kids, and lost most of my motivation for competing. Last year, I kicked it back into gear. I don't think I'll compete again, but I would like to stay lean. My main motivations are staying in good health for my kids/family, and becoming an apex predator when it comes to backcountry archery hunting.

Without divulging too much personal info, I have a doctorate in chemistry, and quite a bit of experience with lifting (and compounds). This isn't me bragging, maybe just establishing some credibility. To be honest, my career research doesn't have great overlap with the things discussed on this forum. The more pertinent thing to take away from these credentials is that I make decisions based on peer reviewed evidence, but at the same time my experience in fitness has shown me that there are plenty of situations where there isn't a paper to reference, a study was done poorly, or someone who has a lot more experience in a given aspect might know more than a PhD.

Glad places like this are around, looking forward to interacting more!

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Overlap between our game and your career may be less than some would think, but we'll figure out some way(s) to harvest your knowledge ... welcome to the UG.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
We plan on being around a long time. Welcome, we’re pleased you joined.

New Threads