Forearm tunnel syndrome(s)

mediocre1645

Reaction score
Everyone has heard of carpal tunnel, but I have suffered for years from what has been diagnosed as "radial tunnel syndrome". It's hard to describe, but it hurts something awful. I only get it bad when doing lots of bench volume (and squat doesn't help). This was a huge issue in my powerlifting days, less so not mostly because when I do kick up volume my weights are lower. It's still an issue, and there are some things it just won't allow me to do (tire flips, hammer curls, and pain for lots of regular daily activities). When doing a training block with tons of running and other high impact cardio-type work, I had pretty bad tunnel issues in my lower legs as well.

Just curious if anyone has experienced this and if so, what their thoughts on it are. I should say that I might cross post this in the peptide forum - I was doing a ton of peptides back in the day and I believe this has exacerbated the issue. I remember reading somewhere that HGH can cause carpal tunnel, and thought maybe there was a connection to my issues and the peptides.

DOOM

Reaction score
Sounds like your describing forearm tendinitis. Which can be debilitating and very painful.

The CTS I experience from hgh is not very painful. It’s annoying as fuk though. My hand go completely pins and needles mostly throughout the night. The worst part is the insomnia that it causes! Constantly sitting up throughout the night. to shake the numbness out of my hands over and over all night long!

Better sleep on hgh my ass!

mediocre1645

Reaction score
Sounds like your describing forearm tendinitis. Which can be debilitating and very painful.

The CTS I experience from hgh is not very painful. It’s annoying as fuk though. My hand go completely pins and needles mostly throughout the night. The worst part is the insomnia that it causes! Constantly sitting up throughout the night. to shake the numbness out of my hands over and over all night long!

Better sleep on hgh my ass!

At this point I would love to have CTS instead of this. It could be tendonitis, but it is concentrated on my brachioradialis, whereas tendonitis tends to affect the "outer" muscles of the forearm more. I'm considering surgery to basically cut the muscle tunnels open, the rates of success are fairly promising from what I've read.

Ped X

Reaction score
I had tendonitis from a very physically demanding repetitive job. It got to a point where I actually went to see a doc, which is saying alot for me. He recommended IBprofun to reduce the swelling of the tendons. I'm not a fan of regular use of nsaids for several reasons so he ended up writing a script for a topical anti inflamitory cream that worked really well. You can get some over the counter but not as strong. Give topical voltaren a try and see if that help.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I have cubital tunnel syndrome and, although medical papers say its not usually inherited, it runs in my family - both of my sisters have it as well as my father having radial tunnel syndrome.

My eldest sister has already had her surgery years ago(her thumb started locking up completely) and my middle one is waiting on hers as she was pregnant at the time/now corona shit is putting it on hold(a couple of her fingers have started locking up a lot more often in the last couple years - its painful and she cant use her hand for several days until the fingers loosen up)

My forearm can go numb for over 2 weeks at a time - I dread just to think of the muscle wasting away more each time.

My father's condition is exactly like yours - he just had his second wrist operated on because he was losing the ability to control his hands completely - he has done a lot of strength requiring work over the years and it always gets worse after doing manual lifting etc.
He is recovering and so far the surgery seems to be working very well.

Dont be like my father waiting till it becomes impossible to handle the pain and ****ing the arm up further.
If you can afford the surgery thats the route I would take.

New Threads