Tanked my Estrogen

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
I get them regularly and got them a lot the one time I got my E too high. When they come on, try some deep breathing into your abdomen. Slow breaths in and out through your nose.

perfect advice here bro.

Same happens to me when I used to run EQ. Maybe it wasn't the EQ, back then I ran lots of AAS. Estrogen may have contributed. Any way you look at it panic attacks are no joke.

good luck with it bro.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I never got blurred vision from Clomid.
On another note, a local source of mine said something odd today:
He discouraged aromasin / arimedex and said “we use nolvadex EOD”.
I was like: “dude, i want an aromatase inhibitor, not a complete e2 shutdown.”
What gives?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I never got blurred vision from Clomid.
On another note, a local source of mine said something odd today:
He discouraged aromasin / arimedex and said “we use nolvadex EOD”.
I was like: “dude, i want an aromatase inhibitor, not a complete e2 shutdown.”
What gives?

Do some research. Nolva will not shut anything down. Actually it stops estrogen from attaching to receptor sites rather than inhibiting conversation.

I don’t believe you can crash your estrogen with taking nolva alone.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Do some research. Nolva will not shut anything down. Actually it stops estrogen from attaching to receptor sites rather than inhibiting conversation.

I don’t believe you can crash your estrogen with taking nolva alone.
So its not an antagonist, but a reuptake inhibitor? Been learning about neurotransmitters in my college psychology class. Interesting seeing the connection

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
From my understanding Nolva and Clomind do
not actually lower estrogen but can prevent gyno by binding to the estrogen receptors and preventing estrogenic activity. Also they both increase FSH and LH so are good for PCT to help re start your natural test production. I don’t believe they do much for actually lowering your estrogen

Aromatase Inhibitor is what’s gonna lower your estrogen levels , examples adex and letro

a lot of newbies get confused about this as did I. This is a brief and bad explanation but if any new guys are confused I’m sure there is a sticky on the forum of not I’m sure we can make one. But you can always google SERM’s VS aromatase inhibitors and should be able to learn a lot. This is directed at any newbies reading

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
What your describing happens in the brain. The mechanisms of action are similar, but not the same. Nolvadex isn’t acting on neurotransmitters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamoxifen
So tamoxifen is not itself the drug, but the body uses it to create the drugs. It has two purposes, to stop the cell replication (specifically of breast tissue) and to negate the effects of estrogen on the cell (not block it from the receptor).

It does not kill the cells in breast tissue of someone who has gyno, but just stops the cell from replicating. So you still have gyno, but it will take time for the cells to die naturally.

Is that close?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
From my understanding Nolva and Clomind do
not actually lower estrogen but can prevent gyno by binding to the estrogen receptors and preventing estrogenic activity. Also they both increase FSH and LH so are good for PCT to help re start your natural test production. I don’t believe they do much for actually lowering your estrogen

Aromatase Inhibitor is what’s gonna lower your estrogen levels , examples adex and letro

a lot of newbies get confused about this as did I. This is a brief and bad explanation but if any new guys are confused I’m sure there is a sticky on the forum of not I’m sure we can make one. But you can always google SERM’s VS aromatase inhibitors and should be able to learn a lot. This is directed at any newbies reading
I use aromasin, an aromatase inhibitor, and adjust the dose depending on whether I’m blasting or cruising.
Nolva is a SERM, prevents estrogen from binding to receptor, which is essentially why i called it a “shutdown” of estrogen, because it crashes ur estrogen much faster than an AI.
If I’m not mistaken, ur not supposed to use SERMs anywhere in the blast&cruise life.

Last edited:

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I use aromasin, an aromatase inhibitor, and adjust the dose depending on whether I’m blasting or cruising.
Nolva is a SERM, which essentially “shutdown” estrogen.
If I’m not mistaken, ur not supposed to use SERMs anywhere in the blast&cruise life.

you use a SERM while on cycle if you begin to get gyno

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So tamoxifen is not itself the drug, but the body uses it to create the drugs. It has two purposes, to stop the cell replication (specifically of breast tissue) and to negate the effects of estrogen on the cell (not block it from the receptor).

It does not kill the cells in breast tissue of someone who has gyno, but just stops the cell from replicating. So you still have gyno, but it will take time for the cells to die naturally.

Is that close?

Tamixifen is most certainly a drug. Many drugs need to be converted into something chemically distinct by the body before they are able to achieve a desired effect.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nolva is a SERM, prevents estrogen from binding to receptor, which is essentially why i called it a “shutdown” of estrogen, because it crashes ur estrogen much faster than an AI.

No. SERMs shut nothing down. Your estrogen levels will
be the same but their effect on some sites on the body will be suppressed. Again, you cannot crash your estrogen with a SERM.

an AI will reduce the amount of estrogen in your body.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
When you get confused, remember that it's right in the name of the class of drug what their function is.

An AI is an Aromatase Inhibitor. It inhibits the aromatase enyme from aromatizing testosterone into estrogen. So it prevents estrogen from being created.

A SERM is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. It selectively targets which estrogen receptors are available for estrogen binding. Doesn't prevent estrogen creation, but blocks it at selective receptors.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to take Leto back in the day bc I was tired of finding the right dose for ADEX for me. Worked great but I think I hampered a lot of the gains I could have made by having such low E. Anyway, clomid might make that happen, but you didn't take enough ADEX to cause those attacks.