Jeff Nippard

Reaction score
Does anyone follow this guy?
He’s got a scientific approach to bodybuilding with plenty of science to back up his methods. He doesn’t claim to be a doctor but I’d say his advice is legit and appears that he knows his sh**.
https://youtu.be/jkaU-mM24_o

But then you got people like Coach Greg who say things like “don’t listen to Jeff Nippard”.

https://youtu.be/0h8gG15PgRE

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I myself really like the science of the body, its easiest for me to do things. It helps knowing how and why something happens

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry but Im with Greg on this one. Didnt like Jeff waaaay before I listened to any other youtubers so this is 100% my unbiased opinion, too.
Does he give a fair amount of legit info? Yes. But does he **** up sometimes also? Yes, too.

Besides that I have to say the biggest pet peeve of mine about him is him glorifying his girlfriends unhealthy lifestyle of "all in". He clearly knows its absolutely bonkers for your mental and physical wellbeing but promotes it to support his gf's channel to cash in on the bigger bucks.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to change my mind.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Weird coincidence that I just got linked a video of Greg talking about Halo and, gotta say, I wasn't impressed. His complete ignorance of the impact of half-life on recovery capability was particularly alarming.

Jeff Nippard is very much a science guy. He's also a professional youtuber who needs to continually generate new content in order to get anywhere. The latter is the primary cause of that "huh?" reaction from viewers.

My personal opinion is that no one should use Youtube for quality advice. It's an entertainment service. You want to follow the scientific approach to this lifestyle? Awesome. Start learning how to interpret data and then read the papers yourself. Don't rely on Youtubers, or any social media personality, to do the work for you.

Reaction score
Weird coincidence that I just got linked a video of Greg talking about Halo and, gotta say, I wasn't impressed. His complete ignorance of the impact of half-life on recovery capability was particularly alarming.

Jeff Nippard is very much a science guy. He's also a professional youtuber who needs to continually generate new content in order to get anywhere. The latter is the primary cause of that "huh?" reaction from viewers.

My personal opinion is that no one should use Youtube for quality advice. It's an entertainment service. You want to follow the scientific approach to this lifestyle? Awesome. Start learning how to interpret data and then read the papers yourself. Don't rely on Youtubers, or any social media personality, to do the work for you.
I agree 1k%. YouTube is solely for entertainment purposes and they disclose that before every video (for legal purposes obvi). Truthfully, I don’t know who to look to as far as unbiased analytical data in research, I get 90% of my data from the companies and organizations that Jeff mentions. Reading the data is quite a bore sometimes but there’s a LOT of good stuff in there, a hell of a lot more variables than mentioned in his videos too. Super important to do your homework too. Agreed.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Jeff is one of many who's videos I watch sometimes. Greg too, but he acts like a 'tard for views, that's his schtick.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score

^ this is basically it.

Youtube has kept me busy during 3 lockdowns and Im thankful for that. For anything else, I go to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov .

New Threads