Thanks

Educate me on last few weeks of diet

I'm doing this weight loss challenge, mostly based on progress pics. I've mostly been a powerlifter that has dieted quite a few times for various reasons, but never to look at my absolute best (like going on stage or trying to win a competition like this). Therefore, I usually cut on just test and winny or var. That had me looking crazy ripped in the arms last year, but i felt like i was holding on to some bloat. Doing research I've learned Test can do that, so I plan to do the following cycle:

Weeks 1-10: 600-750 mg Mast E/week
    Weeks 3-10: 75 mg anavar/day
    Weeks 1-10: 250 mg test/week

Am I going in the right direction to reduce that bloat? Should test go even lower? Is it worth adding proviron in there, or will var/mast basically show the same benefits?

What other strategies do bodybuilders use for that last week or two before going on stage (I will get a little tan, and maybe even do a spray tan, probably trim if not shave my extremely hairy body)?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 3,175 Posts
    You're already doing a gram and a half of drugs for a weight loss challenge, and you want to add in even more? I'd rethink your plan.

I'd just do low dose Test and Anavar OR Masteron, and let my diet and training carry the load.
    Achieving your goals is 90% mental.
    The other half is physical.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

The Tater (01-14-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by CJ275 View Post
    You're already doing a gram and a half of drugs for a weight loss challenge, and you want to add in even more? I'd rethink your plan.

I'd just do low dose Test and Anavar OR Masteron, and let my diet and training carry the load.

Well technically, I'm currently on cruise dose of test. Week 1 above will be 10 weeks out from end of competition (so in like 1 or 2 weeks, I'll need a calculator for that). The prize is...substantial lol, so I'm going all out on this one. My normal blast is 1.2-1.4 g per week, something like 50-100 mg var or winny and 600-750 mg test. Since masteron is a fair bit weaker than test, I figured those dosages were roughly equivalent? Fair advice though, im mostly interested in looking good, I'm not worried at all about losing muscle even on a cruise dose. Would one notice much of a difference in the aesthetic benefits of var vs masteron (or both vs one or the other)?

I'm equally interested in the other stuff people do to fine tune near the end. I hear bits and peices about cutting water/carb loading and what not, but I'm pretty ignorant to how to bring it all together.

Thanks
    You'd be pounding water, 2+ gallons a day, your body will adjust to this and continually flush out the excess water like a strong diuretic. The day prior to your comp, stop the water and let your body continue its diuretic effect. You can further the impact of this by manipulating hydration through electrolyte ratios. Limit your sodium to a less than a gram (200mg is essential, so don't go stupid low), and try to get 6-10g of potassium for 2wks leading up to the show.. it will help keep the muscles full whilst shedding subq water stores.

I'm not so sure on the carbs leading into a competition as I've never competed myself, but I would guess semi low carbs throughout the diet, then cut carbs out entirely the last 3-5 days (which will also help shed water weight), then blast the carbs the last 24hrs. The effects of such practices would be made much greater with insulin, but I'm not advising on its use.
    MUSCLE
    STEEL
    SEX APPEAL

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
    You'd be pounding water, 2+ gallons a day, your body will adjust to this and continually flush out the excess water like a strong diuretic. The day prior to your comp, stop the water and let your body continue its diuretic effect. You can further the impact of this by manipulating hydration through electrolyte ratios. Limit your sodium to a less than a gram (200mg is essential, so don't go stupid low), and try to get 6-10g of potassium for 2wks leading up to the show.. it will help keep the muscles full whilst shedding subq water stores.

I'm not so sure on the carbs leading into a competition as I've never competed myself, but I would guess semi low carbs throughout the diet, then cut carbs out entirely the last 3-5 days (which will also help shed water weight), then blast the carbs the last 24hrs. The effects of such practices would be made much greater with insulin, but I'm not advising on its use.

Interesting...this echoes the bits and pieces I've picked up before but lays it out really well, thank you. I'll do a bit more reading on the electrolyte stuff...both because the chemistry sounds cool and it sounds like it could be dangerous to get something wrong.

I've done some slin before...was trying to get up to 260 to compete at 242. Those days are behind me, especially in the scenario where calories are really low!